Monday, February 23, 2009

Look! The post is in the right place!

Look what I was able to do! Jerry found the picture and I managed to get it onto the blog! This is the picture of Terri and I at the restaurant when we met for lunch on the way down here on Saturday. It was a great treat; you can see we both loved it.

Today was a fun day. I slept until 10:30! I love days like that; sleeping is the thing I do best! After lunch we went to a great walking trail not too far from here. I forgot to take my camera, so that was a bummer, but we got to see fun things, anyway. The things I would really have got with the camera were a red headed woodpecker and a neutria. I don't know if that's how it is spelled, but it's a huge water rat. It was actually pretty disgusting, but it was way interesting at the same time. Man, I've got to do a better job of remembering to take the camera! The weather was beautiful; it was a perfect day for walking. After our walk we got to pick up Luke and keep him for a little while. It was just a day full of treats.

I thank God that we can make these trips for my check up be filled with great fun times, thanks to family and friends. They make wonderful times out of times that would otherwise be stressful. Tomorrow we fully expect to find Ann and Jim Nelson at MD Anderson for a visit. Ann has tests all this week and tomorrow she has some in the same building where we will be. That will be a treat for all of us that will make tomorrow a better day, too. Jim and I both went to school at Itazuke, but at different times; we've all become good friends at the reunions and we've bonded like cement at MD Anderson. I pray that Ann and I will both have good results from our visits at MDA this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment