Monday, February 16, 2009

Missouri's Eastern Bluebird.


I’ve chosen the picture to post on the blog tonight, so I hope it goes on without a problem. I apologize to those of you who are attempting to post comments without success. Some people have been able to post, so I know that it works sometimes. I wish I knew how to correct it. Please don’t give up! I do love to hear from all of you. The picture should be one that Steve got of an eastern bluebird. I thought it only appropriate that I post him first since he is the Missouri state bird. He is also Don’s favorite bird This one was very friendly. He sat for a long time, seeming to enjoy his audience and he had several friends who were enhancing the show, as well.

Today has been an easy day. We’re eating up the rest of the food we’ve collected since we’ve been here, so eating is pretty simple. (Burritos and hamburgers; it’s always pretty simple!) After lunch we went to see the movie, Taken. We had seen the previews and Don wanted to see it, but I was afraid it would throw me into shock. Our friend, Terri, insisted that I’d like it, so we went today. I did like it, although it was really intense. Don had to wake me up twice; I’m so bad to sleep when I sit! I can’t believe I would doze in that movie, but it was right at the first when they were laying the foundation and it hadn’t gotten so intense. I hate how loud the movies are, anymore. Are customers deaf? I think I was tuning out the deafening sounds of the previews and tuned the whole thing out. Anyway, I would recommend Taken. Thanks, Sis, for giving me the nudge to go see it.

Tomorrow I will do laundry, so we’ll go home with all clean clothes. We like the fitness room here. It’s not as deluxe as the one at Big Cedar, but it’s very nice and nobody here wants to use it besides us, it seems. It’s nice not to have to wait in line or stumble over people. It feels good to get my exercises all done and I’m better able to manage the lymphedema. It’s interesting what a difference the exercise makes. I thank God that I’m able to do them! This time last year I was having so much trouble with my knees, so I give thanks that I’m able to walk, especially. It’s a blessing and I sure appreciate it. If I couldn’t do the exercises, I imagine my arm would swell and be especially miserable, not to mention how stiff my legs and back would get.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful bluebird shot Maryjo...mainly testing to see if i can post..since I see that some can't.
    I'm having trouble deciding which profile to choose...will try them all till i get one..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew..that was hard MaryJo...and I notice that I didn't sign my name so you have no idea who that is up there...lol. Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, thanks for checking to see if you could post. I DID recognize you; it had to be you; you have a distinct style plus you appreciated the photography. (Steve did the great job, so I deserve only credit for getting it posted, which is sometimes a trick!)

    I'm relieved to see that someone can post. The anonymous profile is the easiest, I THINK. What was hard? Do you think there something I can do to make it easier? I've had 4 people send emails saying they can't post a comment. Thanks for your help!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete