Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nate is great!

This picture was taken of Nate last week when we stopped to see them on our way home from Branson. I want to brag about him tonight.

He has been selected from his school for Boy's State. I wish I knew the exact way to tell you what all that means, but it is a big honor. He will go to Miami, Oklahoma for a week with all the other winners across the state. They will elect from amongst them positions like senator, representative, etc. so that they have all the officers to run the state. It will be a great experience for him. He is also among the top 5 in his ROTC class of about 200; that's a big honor, too. All this is great, but even better than that he's a wonderful kid. He's the oldest of Tricia's six kids and he's so good with all of them. I remember when he was the only one and he was so special. He still is so special and he has always seemed to enjoy all the other 5 as much as the rest of us do. He's a great big brother. Just ask his Grammy; she's pretty much bubbling over about him. We thank God for Nate.

We had a fine trip home from Houston today. Man, there is so much to do here. Both computers are giving me trouble. We're going to Lawton tomorrow and we're looking for a new one. I really don't have time to set up a new computer, but the laptop won't do ANYTHING and this one won't let me download pictures. I hate when I'm so technically challenged! We're going to Lawton for Don to see a dermatologist about a rash he's had for a couple of months. It's much better, but we have the appointment, so we're going. I thank God that it's better! He also is going to have some blood tests done that he does annually to monitor his heart. That's a good thing. He doesn't have any problems, but we want to keep it that way!

Thanks for keeping up with us. We hope to be home for a couple of weeks before we take off for spring break. We're looking forward to spring break, though! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment