Monday, February 9, 2009

NPH is wonderful news!


All is well with us. Steve and Mary left today, so we miss them, but Phil and Ruthie are here, so we’re still celebrating. It’s great to have people join us. This is our last week here, so we feel like we’re going out with a flame. It’s been such a fun time.

We were lucky today because one of the shuttle drivers took us all over the resort on a great tour. I guess he wasn’t busy and we were a good audience. When we were at the fitness center we saw an ad on TV that Pierce Arrow has a Valentines special. Woohoo! We’re so thrilled that they are even open for a show! I called as soon as we got home and reserved seats for tomorrow night. Row 2, center! This is so special! I love this show and it’s going to be so fun to share it with Ruthie and Phil!

I had a little time today to work on getting pictures on the blog, but I still didn’t get it done. It’s still a challenge for me. I thank God I can read and type. I’m asking Him to make sense of it all and He’ll get me there. (I had this ready to put onto the blog and then I posted the picture and IT WENT. Woohoo! Thank you, God! I don't have to make sense of it, it's on there! That's Steve and Mary and I.)

Tonight our nephew called to tell us that they’ve confirmed that my brother DOES have NPH!

http://www.lifenph.com/

That’s good news because they thought his digression was due to his traumatic head injury from 1993 and nothing could be done to help him walk. However, now that they’ve determined that he has NPH, he is having surgery on Friday to have a shunt put into his head. It’s very likely that he’ll be able to walk again and regain a great deal of his memory! This is awesome news! Praise God!

8 comments:

  1. Hello All, Whew, what a relief to finally get on to your Blog, Jo. I am such a worrier and had done just that since Sat. when we got an e-mail from Ruthie and she said she wasn't feeling good. She said they wouldn't be at church Sunday and that led me to think, Oh No, she is really feeling bad not to go to church. I thought they were leaving Monday morning. I sent an e-mail and called. And I couldn't get your updates till today when I clicked on your old Blog and saw your new one. Thank you so much. I wrote it down. I am happy they made it safe and you all will have a great time. Thank you so much for thinking of us with the card. You are just one of the greatest in my book. Today is a rainy day and 60 degree. All is well here. Take care and have a great week!!! We Love You All. Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look! Your old blog is now at your new blog! Woohoo!!!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok! You're all set with an imported blog and a hit counter. I rounded your counter up a smidge. I figure that many folks have visited while the counter was down and/or before we got it. Happy New Blog!!!

    Triciaq111

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, I'm so sorry you've been worried, but I'm glad you found us all! We're having a wonderful time. You would have loved the Pierce Arrow show with us tonight! I have a report to send to Jane about Ian's journal, too. It's making the rounds and in good hands.

    I'm glad your card got to you. I hope it brought those big smiles to your faces.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish! You are absolutely the fairy god mother! Thanks so much for putting the counter onto the blog and for bringing the old blog over to this one. Now, I feel at home! You are sure an angel; I owe you big!

    Love you heaps and gobs,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish, what does 'Triciaq111' mean? Does it mean you had a lovely assistant helping you post?

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha!!! I didn't even notice that. Yes, my lovely assistant was helping me. She decided to stay up late tonight, so I was the only one up for her to 'help'. You should see her put away laundry!

    I kinda like Triciaq111. I might have to make that my new 'handle'.

    - me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello one more time! I hate to clog your mail box but I forgot to tell you what I have intended to for a long time. When your picture came on with your hair in pin curls, I did a 'double check.' I thought, Oh No, Jo you didn't cut all your beautiful curly hair off! But kept calm enough to read your update. What a relief! I just love your curls. Thanks for the answer. I know you all enjoyed the show. I have never been to Branson but know Jane and Tom would have enjoyed it too. She is in Hammond and helping Tom redo his house but putting new carpets down and etc. and spending quality time with Tom and Tammy, Danny and Darling Allie. I sure did like the picture of Tricia and her wonderful Family. How about some more of those Tricia and of all your children but especially Darling Raynie! It is a very windy day gusting to 35 mph. And has been a good bit of downpours. Now white clouds flying and sun coming out now and then. Take care and enjoy and I know I don't have to tell you that and keep the comments coming. I sure do enjoy them every day! That is why I almost paniced when I couldn't find them. Give our Love to all especially our very Best Friends, Ruthie and Phil.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier.

    ReplyDelete