Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mad as an old hornet?

Not me! I've decided to not do mad anymore. But, check out this hornet's nest! I'd never seen the inside of one before, but we found this one on our adventures with Steve and Mary when we were in Branson. Of course nobody was at home, but how would we really know that if we hadn't looked? I'll bet my friend Vereal will see this and correct me if this is not a hornet's nest. If he doesn't Dana might because she works at a library and seems to know everything. I trust them both to come up with good information.

I had the biggest treat today! My boyfriend from kindergarten (my first boyfriend as far as I can remember) posted a comment on the Feb. 1 post today! I was so surprised to hear from him (it's been maybe a year) and he was so kind to say I look more and more like I did in kindergarten! Isn't that the kindest thing?

Tonight we played cards at our house! We walked into the Kozy Diner this morning and there sat Bob and Diana Clark. They've been gone to Kazakstan (however it is spelled) doing a security job since early in December, so we were surprised to see them. They just got home last night. Frank and Jo Ann were joining us for breakfast, so we planned a card game for tonight. Joan and Floyd joined us, so it was a reunion of more friends. Bob and I went to school in 8th grade together in Japan. So today has been a good day for recalling good old memories. I sure thank God for the ability to keep up with precious old friends as well as current ones.

I'm behind on my exercises for today, so I've got to go get with the program as my Daddy would say. He's also say, "Let's get this show on the road." Here I go, wrapped in a warm blanket of memories.

2 comments:

  1. Well it looks like a hornets nest to me. I would love nothing more then to get ahold of one of these for some great "macro" shots. Will be keeping my eyes open. It certainly is big isn't it MaryJo...glad it was empty.
    dana
    Yes, it is a challenge to post in this site..but I endure..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, thanks so much for enduring! I can count on you and Vereal! He sent me an email with lots of information. It's a 'BALD' hornet's nest! I thought that was really appropriate! We'll go back to Branson and if I find that one again to show to the kids I'll bring hit home for your. Then we'll have to get together to pass it along to you. I know where we left it; maybe it'll still be there.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete