Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This Branson trip is nearly done.


Today is our last day in Branson for this trip. The picture is one Steve took of Mary and Don and I crossing over the beginning of the falls at Big Cedar. I've had every kind of possible technical problem today, so I thought I'd better get a post on the blog right quick while I still can.

My last email came at 9:11 this morning and it's over 6 hours later and we still can't get or send email. That freaks me!

I did have two emails early this morning from folks who can't comment on the blog. Some people seem to be able to comment, but, altogether, 4 have emailed to tell me they can't post. So, if you're having trouble, you are in good company! My blog guru (Trish) is going to see if she can find the problem today, so keep commenting if you can!

We got an extension onto our spring break stay in Branson because we learned that Gina and her family are coming with her mother and father-in-law. That's too good to miss because they are coming to the Surrey, right where we'll be the week before they come. So, we're staying an extra 5 days so we'll get to see them; it was just too good to miss. So, THAT worked out good for us!

I've got exercises and laundry to do, so I'll get this blog done and give up on technical stuff for today. Tomorrow we'll head for home, but my plan is to be home in time to post to the blog. I hope technical issues are solved by then!

I thank God for the freedom to travel and the ability to communicate. I remember the times when long distance calls were too expensive to consider and snail mail was so slow. We are blessed and take so much for granted. I thank Him for memory, too!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I looked at your comment settings and they seem good. I couldn't figure out a way to change them that I thought would help. It may just be a google thing. All my blog posts were 'lost' for a while today. Stuff happens. Have folks keep trying!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking, Trish. I hope folks will keep commenting. I think it's just that the blog is a little flaky. Sometimes it does NOT want me to post a picture, but after a couple of hours it nearly always gives. Sometimes I have to give up and wait until the next day to post a picture. Thanks so much for taking the time to work on it.

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your Branson memories through your words and pictures. The Blue Bird shot is extraordinarily good, one you may consider entering in a magazine like Birds and Bloom.
    Now that I am using Foxfire as my browser I can get into your blog easier.
    Hope we can visit on the 24th; I will send you an email regarding our schedule. Love,Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann! I'm so glad to hear from you! Maybe the Foxfire is a hint to why some folks are having trouble using the blog. I use Foxfire, as well, and maybe since I used that when I set it up it has some issues with Internet Explorer? You may help us figure out the problems people are having. I'll look forward to your schedule and we're counting on seeing you!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete