Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


The picture on the blog tonight is one Mary took a week ago, Friday, when they first got here. I’m in the kitchen of this condo. The kitchen has a bar between it and the dining area. The dining area has a table with 3 chairs and a bench on the bar side with a rainbow trout for a back. This is our last night here, so I thought it appropriate to put on the trout picture. We had hoped to get a three day extension on our stay, but they are totally booked since it’s a holiday weekend (Valentines Day today and George Washington’s birthday on Monday.), so there is no space available for us to stay. So, we’re moving into the Falls Village in Branson for 3 nights. We’ll check out on our way to church and then go check in at the new place after lunch. I think Don was ready to go home, but for Valentines Day he indulged me to stay 3 more nights.

We’ve loaded two carts into the car already. All we have to load in the morning is one suitcase, our toiletries, the computer, and the ice chest. I’ve got everything packed so that we only have to move into Falls Village what we will need for 3 nights. Most everything can stay in the car.

It’s been a wonderful stay. We’ve been blessed with great company, great weather and power the whole time. Thank you, God!

My brother Jim was all set to go ‘home’ (to a nursing home where he has been until he could get well enough to go back to his son’s house) this morning, but he had a COPD coughing spell that left him very weak. So, they’re keeping him tonight and we’ll see what happens tomorrow. If you don’t know COPD stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. I sure pray that he can overcome this and go home soon and get a chance to recover and improve from the NPH surgery. Thanks for caring and for your prayers for him.

3 comments:

  1. hi maryjo

    thanks for your email,I will write more later,I love you,your blog is looking amazing,you look gorgeous((hugs))

    amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, Amanda! What a sweet post. I'll love it when you have time to write.

    Love you all,

    Mary Jo

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Friends, Happy Homecoming. As you say, you can have a great time on a trip but there is no place like home. Thank God for all the safe traveling and that you have felt so good and been able to keep up all your exercises. I love the pictures of you and Ruthie and Phil and the one of you, Don and I forgot who was with you. My memory is short but I am thankful I still have what I do. We were happy to see our Friends at church Sunday. They look good and I am sure they enjoyed their visit and being with you all. I Loved the picture of the Blue bird. Now that looks just like our regular blue birds. We have so many and they are fighting sparrows for a house on our porch. They aren't very smart fighters and just fly away. We have what we call Eastern Blue Birds that come in March and they are dark blue all over, and they are smaller that our finches. They will stick around till May and sometime late. They even eat the thistle seed. We do enjoy our birds!! Jane is thrilled over the journal covering so much territory. I bet no one will equal his. Thanks to you! Have a safe trip to Houston Tuesday and back with Great News. Also have a great trip to Gatlinburg.
    The picture of Raynie is so Precious. She is growing and changing so fast. Trish has a Great Family!!

    With Love and Prayers
    Frazier, Dot and Janie

    ReplyDelete