Friday, February 13, 2009

Recalling wonderful visits.


The laptop is so fighting with me today. The problem is that this computer is about 6 years old, so it really can’t keep up with the programs I’m running. It’s just more than it can handle. I’m hoping that the picture on the blog tonight is one of Mary and I last week right after she and Steve got here. I’ve been going over the pictures they took and left with me and I chose this one to share our delight at seeing each other. We really had such a good time with them. We’re planning another trip with them in May or June. This will be an easy trip for us: they want to go to visit a place near Frederick, which is about 50 miles from us, so they’ll come and stay with us. That’s a great time for us to anticipate!

Ruthie and Phil left this morning and I’ve gotten word from them that they are home, already. They had a safe trip, so that’s good. We sure loved visiting with them, here, too! What a blessing for us to have had several people come to share this time with us while we’ve been here.

The very best news is that Jim’s surgery went well today. The last time I talked to his son, John, he said Jim was still in recovery, but he was talking and getting ready to have lunch! Praise God! Thanks to you who joined us in prayer for him. My research tells me that we should know in the next week or so if the surgery has helped him. He’ll need a little time to recover from the surgery, but they should be able to see some improvement from the relief of the pressure on his brain pretty soon.

Even though I struggle with the laptop, I thank God for it. It is a blessing to me to be able to communicate with it. Hopefully, we will replace it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment