Monday, February 2, 2009

I have the title! Thanks, Bob!


Here’s another picture of my ‘guardian’ deer. He and his bud (the other one in the living room) stand guard over us for our whole stay. (So do the fish!) I put my arrangement of sticks and a dried flower on the mantle when we came in the other day from collecting them. I posted this for you, Dana, so you could see I’m wearing my "lumber jacket" that you liked last year. I love that jacket! (Trish, I think it was a hand me down from Rosie or Janelle!)

I’m having the best day today. A good friend wrote and said I should write a book. Many people say that, but I keep saying, this blog is my book. This guy gave me the title for the book, though, and it really has captured my mind! I just might write a book if I live long enough! I think I’m too big a procrastinator to ever get it done, but I sure loved that title. I’m not telling the title; it’s our secret and is going to be a surprise. Nobody will ever guess it, but it’s perfect and has my mind writing. Thanks, Bob (That’s Bob Winstead; I’m blessed with Bob’s for good friends and I don’t want the rest of you Bob’s banging your heads wondering what you might have said to give me a title idea! Bob Winstead didn’t give me an idea, he gave me a title and it’s perfect!) Maybe I won’t write a whole book, but I think I really will write a short story. Now, THAT’s the joke of the day. I don’t write anything short! Maybe I’ll write an article for a magazine?

It was in the 30’s today, I think, but the sun was shining and the wind wasn’t blowing. So we walked around the property, carefully. It was slippery in some places, but we managed to stay up right. Whew, and thank you, God, for your help. We hope by the end of the week that all the trails will be clear for it to be safe for us to walk all over this place. I broke off some red berries for my arrangement, and stuck them in Don’s pocket since my ‘lumber jacket’ doesn’t have pockets. When we got home they had escaped, so I have to go back on a berry hunt tomorrow. I’ve got to have berries; my heart is set on them. God thrills me with these gifts! He thrills me with good health and the ability to scout around after them, too. God is great!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Bob from me also. You have my vote to get started ASP! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ann, thanks for joining me in thanks to Bob. You probably know him, don't you? He was at Itazuke, maybe when Jim was. He was at the Dover reunion with his precious son, Kyle. Kyle lit up the whole reunion for me. We are so blessed to know so many wonderful people!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete