Thursday, February 5, 2009

So fortunate!

We are so fortunate that we still have power, here! I see that more and more each day. Today we've been out of phone service, which means we don't have dial up service. I'm always so frustrated with the dial up, but now we have nothing, so I know how fortunate we've been to have the dial up service! We don't know why the phones aren't working. We can use them to call on the property, so I can call for the shuttle, etc., but we can't get of the property. So, I packed up the laptop and came over to the Big Cedar Lodge, where they have WIFI. You've seen pictures of the Lodge before on the blog. This is where the huge Christmas tree was and where that huge bear IS, not to mention MANY other 'stuffed' animals. It's beautiful in here. There are two big fireplaces, two sofas, three love seats, five big easy chairs and several rockers and other miscellaneous chairs and tables. Nobody is in here, but me, though. It's very quiet with great soft music playing. Just perfect for a little old lady and her laptop!

I put on a picture Don took of me when I got home with the berried yesterday. You may think that's my only shirt. Actually I have two like it with me and I wear one of them to work out every day. Please don't anyone turn me in to the What Not To Wear people. I've watched that show some since we've been here and I so wonder just who they think they are! HA! Notice that even the leaves on that sprig with the berries are red!

I'm headed back to the condo. I just came over here to collect our emails and post the blog. I sure thank God for His care. There are people just a few miles around us with no power, still and Gretta is still without power in Kentucky. We know we are so blessed! The phone guy is supposed to come tomorrow afternoon to fix our phone service, so I'm hoping we can compute from the room tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment