Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sadie marks the post for Sunday, Feb. 22, 09


This is Sadie, right after school, having a cookie we brought from Big Cedar. Every night the 'cookie lady' brings cookies and fresh packages of coffee, so we saved some cookies for the kids. Sadie was the first of three girls at the Oglesby household and she started a precious legacy. She can hang tough with her brothers, but she is a beauty in motion and a great example for her little sisters. We're really proud of her. She won first place in the sidewalk art at our Arts on the Square in Hobart this year, proving that she is another artist in the family.

We've had a really fun day visiting in Houston. It was refreshing to be at church this morning with the many friends we grew to love last year. They've sent many prayers in our behalf and we so appreciate that.

This afternoon Doris went to a baby shower, so I took a 3 hour nap! I must have been exhausted, but it was sure nice to get it! Then both Gregg and Brett came over with their wives and sons for dinner and a great visit. It was so much fun! I got pictures of the little guys and I'll be posting them on the blog as soon as I can.

It's been another great day to give thanks. I think of this time last year when I was just recovering from surgery. I was so delighted to have my drains removed! I was struggling with walking because my knee wasn't cooperating, but I found a great chiropractor who pulled me through that struggle. In the past year I've come a long way and I sure thank God for that. Tomorrow we're going to hike a new trail in town. We're looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment