Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Great news!

This picture was taken today of me with Jim and Ann Nelson. You've seen Ann before on the blog and she comments from time to time. She is having tests all this week at MD Anderson and I pray that she has good reports and hopeful plans for their future. It was so wonderful to get to visit with them for a bit today. Notice the pretty flower garden on a patio on the roof of the second floor at MD Anderson; how nice of them to make pretty places like that for us patients to have to enjoy. Notice all the big buildings behind us.

My reports were all good. The radiologist doesn't want to see me for a year! The oncologist will settle to see me in 6 months because I am doing very well. The usual protocol is to see someone with my circumstances every four months for the first two years. Since I'm doing very well and promise to come right in if I notice anything out of the ordinary, they allow me to wait 6 months. Praise God!!!

We are packed and ready to head for home the first thing in the morning. It'll be good to get home and watch my flowers begin to bloom in the yard. Last year I dug up lots of daffodils to share with Gretta and lots of other people, and this year I have precious few. I think I may have thined them too much, or maybe I reburied them too deeply. I have some, though and that's plenty. There are greens coming up in several places, so I know the blooms will be there soon. I'm excited, just anticipating it! We didn't even have time to cut one and bring it in when we were home last week, so I can hardly wait to go cut a few!

Thanks so much to Doris and Jerry for making their home our home when we have to come to Houston. It makes a likely stressful time turn into a reunion.

4 comments:

  1. Jo,

    Yahoo...I got a post but it was on Feb. 21--just lucky I guess. You look great and I'm so thankful that your tests were great--keep up the good work. Kailan did great at clinic today, too.

    Love ya,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Kailan and I are holding hands though this!

    I'm sure glad you got through. Everyone, never give up!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a test to see if I can post a comment using Mozilla. I attempted it using Internet Explorer and ran into the same wall that many of you have: an indefinite loading! Let's see if this works. Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmm. It worked! I wonder if that's the problem and how I can change it so that Internet Explorer users can comment. I'll work on it. Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete