Sunday, March 8, 2009

Breast cancer survivors stick together . . .


Tonight’s picture is one Steve took of a chickadee. This is a sweet little bird that is often found nearby a tufted titmouse. These make a lot of noise, too, but I love them.

Today has been a busy day, but it was beautiful. We had a fellowship dinner after church and then Don stayed for a men’s meeting while I went visiting. I took lunch to Dorothy and David from the dinner and then went to the hospital to visit a couple of ladies from church. I enjoyed the visiting. When I got home we scurried out for our walk, and it was a perfect day for walking.

Tomorrow I have a lady coming to interview for cleaning the house. The last lady wasn’t who I needed; she cleaned the house in less than 2 hours. I could work for 2 hours; I need someone who will do a better job than I can do. I’ll never have anyone who can measure up to Angelica, the first girl who was so fantastic. I’ll find someone who can do it better than I can, though.

Today one of the ladies I visited is in the hospital because of terribly degenerated back discs. It was such a good visit for me, though, because she told me that she had breast cancer 10 years ago and we visited and compared notes about that. Ten years ago she lived in a nearby town and went to church there, so I was unaware of her breast cancer experience. I’ve only known her for about 8 years. It was really good for me to compare notes with her. She’s a really sweet lady, who I admire a lot. I thank God for her good experience and for her sharing it with me. I pray that she can get some relief for her back misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment