Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday David Sweeney!

I remember when David (Ruthie and Phil’s son) was born! Ruthie and Phil lived in California and I was in college in Nashville. I went to college straight through, but I had a month off between summer and fall quarters. I flew out there to see him (I could hardly wait!), and I worked through a temporary agency the whole time I was out there to pay for my plane ticket out there and back. I made some extra to take back to college, so that as good. He was a precious, precious baby. He’s still a super guy, but he’s a grandpa, now; how time FLIES!

Today’s picture is one of the bunny we came upon on one of our hikes with Steve and Mary. Steve got this shot. The shot I got was a blur of the bunny hopping to safety. I sure thank Steve for all the great pictures he got; they bring treasured moments to mind.

I wish my eyes looked as bright as this bunny’s do, but they are still griping about spring. They’re much better than they were since I discovered the drops, but they still itch.

I spent a couple of hours outside working in the yard today. That probably didn’t help my eyes any! I couldn’t resist it. It was 72 degrees here! Woo hoo! I love that kind of weather! There were leaves piled up in my flower beds that had to be bagged. There were last year’s stalks in the flower beds that needed to be bagged. I was the bag lady for the job. Woo hoo! Man, I loved it. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be even warmer. This weather is spoiling me. I won’t like it when it turns cold and I have to drag out the long sleeves and pants, but it will probably happen. I’m going to hide and watch for a cold day and make one more pot of chili to celebrate it; maybe that’ll make it more fun to have it be cold.

I thank God for hair to blow in the wind! I have a little tiny pony tail that only looks about an inch long, but it’s really about 3 inches long. It just hangs in a tight little curl. Then all the rest of it blows everywhere in our wind. It’s pretty funny. Some of Steve’s pictures probably have that little pony tail and all the escaping hair, so you’ll see a shot of it one day. I thank God for the energy and strength to work in the yard, too! PTL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment