Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good news for David and Dorothy!


The picture tonight is of the red bellied woodpecker. Look how he blends with his environment! It’s so fun to bird with Steve and Mary because they hear every sound and have eyes like hawks. Then Steve is really good at getting the pictures, too. The week before they joined us we hiked all around these places and never saw the birds we saw when we went hiking around with Steve and Mary. Too bad we couldn’t get a shot of the red spot on this bird’s belly; you’ll have to trust me when I say it’s there. These bird pictures are all here, thanks to Steve and Mary, but I'm posting them in honor of David and Dorothy who would love so much to see them as we have. David loves to sit out and watch birds and Dorothy loves to hear them sing and hear us talk about them; she'd give her eye teeth to see them, too. (She has macular degeneration and can't see much at all.)

David got good news this morning. He doesn’t have a pus pocket on his lung, after all. It’s only pneumonia. Everything is relative, huh? It’s not often that it sounds good to have pneumonia! He can treat that here, but he would have had to go to Oklahoma City for treatment for a pus pocket. It would have gotten pretty complicated because he’s not a good candidate for surgery at all, but he has to breathe! Anyway, he and Dorothy are very pleased with how things are going. Their son, Joel, is coming at any moment from California. That’s a good lift for them, too. Linda asked for David and Dorothy's address, so here it is for anyone who might like to send them a card. I know I speak of them enough that you feel like you know them, too.

David and Dorothy Rule
Rt. 2, Box 9
Hobart, OK 73651

Today has been interesting. We were out of water for about 6 hours. We are really spoiled to things like water! I was so goofy. I went out and cut all my daffodils because I didn’t want the freeze to get them tonight; like they could live without water! I had a bottle of water in the fridge, so they will survive, but I felt so silly! Don took me to the Mexican restaurant to eat, so that was a nice treat. We could have eaten here and drank tea, but cleaning up would have been a trick. The water is back on, now, so I could have cleaned up the kitchen, but it was nice of him to take me out. We hadn’t had a chance to go to the Mexican restaurant since before we went to Branson, so it was a real nice treat.

They tell us it will get down to 28 tonight. It was in the 70’s when we walked. I may get out the chili makings to see winter out, again. We leave Saturday morning for spring break in Branson, so I guess I’ll be packing a pair of long pants and a jacket and sweater. The rest is going to be shorts and short sleeves; I’m determined it’s going to be spring. I may have to wash clothes and wear the same thing every day. What I wear won’t matter so much. What matters is we’ll get to spend some great time with two of our girls, who have most of our grandkids ( 9 of the 15). I love this time and I thank God for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment