Sunday, March 1, 2009

A moment in the big fish at Big Cedar.

This is the big fish that is a part of the miniature golf course at Big Cedar. It's also a great photo op; I couldn't resist.

Today has been another technical challenge. I input all of the tax information today and then when I went to make copies, my printer decided to be offline and it has to be online. I spent the WHOLE afternoon getting nowhere with it. It's a printer. I won't let it win. I'll keep working with it until I get it right. This is the kind of thing I absolutely hate, though.

I learned at church tonight that a lady passed away who I met during my chemo. She was at about the same stage as me in this breast cancer journey; we were bald together. She lived in Amarillo and her parents live in a nearby town, Lonewolf. She was here visiting them and we met her at the Mexican Restaurant. In November after she and I both had good reports in our check ups. Then a couple of weeks after that she thought she had a bad cold and learned when she went to the doctor to be checked for pnuemonia that her cancer had come back in her lungs. I've talked to her a couple of times since and sent her a couple of cards. The last one came back, but I figured I'd addressed it wrong. I can't believe that she died so quickly. It's another reminder to me that I am so richly blessed to have lived this long and to feel so good. It helps me keep things in perspective like the printer not working. That's nothingl! I'm alive and healthy and for that I thank God! I know that He has a plan and I'm so glad that me being alive is part of it. Thank you for holding my hand all the way; it helps to have lots of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment