Friday, March 20, 2009

Whew, barely in time!


Guess what! I’m working from a NEW laptop! Trish and Rob and I went to the new Wal-Mart super center on Tuesday and I bought this laptop. I sure appreciated their input! I didn’t have time to work with it until yesterday, and Nate helped me to get it set up. It sure feels good! Whew! The old one was so badly limping; now I’m spinning with this magnificence!

The picture on the blog tonight is Raynie in her favorite hiding spot: a spare cabinet in kitchen. We don’t have such a thing at home, but we had this one after Raynie took the sacks out of it. She’s a character!

I barely got this posted in time for Saturday, hence the hurried title! I'm up late again, but I'm headed to bed!

Don and Gabe played Nate and I at lots of Rook today and tonight. I’m not sure who won, but we are all exhausted from it. It was so fun, though! Everyone is in bed except me and I’m up late getting ready to move out of here in the morning. We’re moving to another unit in the same building and Trish and Rob and the kids are going home. Gina and her crew will be here with Brian’s parents on Sunday.

It’s been a whirlwind week, but it’s been great. I thank God for the opportunity to spend this time, for all our safe traveling, and for the health to enjoy it. Thank you for keeping up with us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...a brand new computer MaryJo...you don't have anymore excuses. I bet it feels like you are walking on a cloud with new equipment..congratulations. (you deserved to treat yourself to this). dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man; no more excuses??? I'm in trouble, now. I've got to figure out how to work Vista! I've also got to get all my files transferred. I have a cable ordered to help me do that; maybe I'll be in working order by next week. I'm not limping, anymore, I'm flying by the seat of my pants! Ha! It is pretty dreamy! Actually, I'm on the old laptop doing this because I can't get the new one connected. HA! I can connect with dial up on this one, but the new one tells me I'm already online with a wireless connection that is so weak it doesn't work. What a deal! I'd be really hacked if I didn't know how to get on with this one with dial up. This one doesn't even see those wireless networks. The other one is getting mail every now and then and also every now and then I can surf. I've just got to figure out how to work all this stuff that's way over my head.

    That new laptop is going to replace our desktop and this laptop. We can use the old desktop and this old laptop as back ups, but the new laptop is going to be our main computer at home and away from home. If we ever get the new laptop all set up, it'll be really nice, I think. I can even Scype with Judy and Bob when they are off all over the world.

    Love you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete