Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Nate! 17


This is a picture of Nate as we were playing Rook tonight! Today he turned 17, so we celebrated by playing Rook! It was so fun! He has learned to play Rook at school (he plays on his lunch break). I played 35 years ago, and it was so fun to play, again! Donna and Pamela, were your ears burning? We were thinking of you! I had to take NINE pictures before I got one of Nate smiling; he has that Civil Air Patrol look down so pat!

It was a beautiful day here today. The kids all did a lot of shopping and Don and I did our update thing with the Surrey. They had an owners’ party tonight where we had a buffet dinner, and there were entertainers from Branson who came in and did little bits from their shows. It was okay, but I was glad to get back and play Rook with our grandson who’ll be grown and on his own before we know it!

Tomorrow it’s supposed to be pretty and we’re going hiking. I’m excited about that, too! So are the kids. They love the outdoors and we’ll find all kinds of cool things. I’ve got to get new batteries or I’m not going to get pictures, though!

I so thank God for Nate and all the joy he has brought to us! He was Tricia’s first baby and it was our introduction to home birthing. Wow. He started a legacy. He’s been a great big brother to the other 5.

2 comments:

  1. Nate would have to refresh me on playing Rook. I don't think I've played since mom died so I've forgotten everything I ever knew but I still have my original cards! You will have to come to WV and we will have a Rook tournament. Love reading about all your adventures. Love to all and kisses to everyone!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I haven't played in so long, but it comes right back. I don't think we're playing it exactly the same as we used to, but it's still fun. I can almost smell your mom's bread cooking as we play; it sure brings back the memories!

    Love you all; thanks for the love and kisses!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete