Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The mockingbird medley.


The bird tonight is Tennessee’s state bird, the mockingbird. The mockingbird is one of my favorite birds because he makes me smile. I absolutely love his repertoire! The bad thing about mockingbirds is that they are territorial and they will run other fun birds out of the area. At least their songs make up for all the ones who left because of them. When Trish was pregnant with their second baby they had a mockingbird that started with his incessant medley at about 4 a.m. He about drove her crazy. I hated that experience for her, but I still love mockingbirds. They are just rascals, but I can’t resist their songs and smile whenever I hear one.

Today has been such a good day for David and Dorothy. Their son, Joel being here seems to lift everyone’s spirits so! Of course the antibiotics are working on David and that helps him to feel better, too. Also, they moved him out of the heart monitoring room into a room with an extra bed, so Dorothy has a bed, now, so it makes it lots more comfortable for her. Man, it was good to visit with them today and David felt like joking and talking! Their daughter, Stephanie, lives here, but her job has had her in Chicago for the last 3 days. She was coming home tonight, so things will be really good for them by tomorrow when we see them.

I put our corporation’s tax return into the mail today, so I feel very relieved at that. We are still waiting on one bit of information for our personal taxes, but we have everything else all turned into the tax people, so I feel relieved about taxes. Whew.

It turned cold here, yesterday, so we’re all wrapped up in warm clothes, again. I thank God that we have plenty of warm clothes, and a warm house, with power and running (even filtered!) water. We are so blessed, and I am so grateful.

We will leave Saturday for another 2 week fling with lots of our grandkids. I’m so excited; and I’m already working on my list of menus and groceries. We’re missing Bruce’s first baseball tournament of this year, though. I hate to miss any of his games. I guess we’d freeze this weekend, so it’s better that we aren’t going. I can hardly wait to go to his games, though; I am greedy for them. We’ll make up for it with fun with the other kids in Branson.

My hair has grown enough that I’ve been wearing it in a French twist all this week. It’s easy to do and it’s out of my face. It feels like there is a light at the end of the hair tunnel. I’ll get Don to take some pictures soon, but the birds are better. Watch for these birds where you live! We don’t have all these birds, here, so it always thrills me to see them. We do have mockingbirds; there is one that sits up on our chimney and sings and it sounds like he’s right in the living room with us; I love him and thank God for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment