Sunday, March 29, 2009

Surprise at church.



The picture on the blog tonight is Elise in front of the elevator at the convention center at Big Cedar. I think those doors are so beautiful! Notice how Elise is petting one of the deer. She's such a sweetheart.

Today we were so shocked when we came out of Sunday school and found David and Dorothy coming into the worship service! It was really a big order for David, but he managed it. I know he was exhausted, but it was so good for them to get dressed and get out of the house.

It was warm today, but the wind blew brutally! Don and I walked in shirt sleeves, but the wind blew so hard it was a struggle to walk! When we got home we felt like we had sand in our eyes. There are still piles of snow around; I guess it drifted to those places since it's taking so long to melt and it's up in the 60's. It's supposed to be 72 tomorrow; I hope the wind doesn't blow so hard! We had a couple of inches of snow when we got up yesterday morning, but it melted pretty quickly. Surely, winter is done and we can welcome spring, now. I'm so looking forward to my irises blooming. I had a couple of stalks up, but the wind has broken one of them. What a bully that wind is. I'm sure God has a purpose for it, so I need to be patient with it. In the summer it keeps us from suffocating out here, so I'm thankful for it then!

I so thank God for giving David the strength to bounce back from his pneumonia one more time! They didn't come to play cards with us last night because we thought it was too much for him. They're hoping he'll feel like playing later this week. OOOO, that'll be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment