Saturday, March 7, 2009

Remember the time change!

Tonight’s picture is the Tufted Titmouse that Steve stalked at Big Cedar. This is a really cute little bird that may be in your yard. I remember when we lived in Springville we had some who scampered around on the banister of the back porch and chattered at our cats. They are bossy little rascals, but I loved them. As far as I know our cats never got one of them, and maybe it’s because that were warning the others that the cats were there. I always wonder if two of them become titmice. My good friend, Vereal, may set me straight on that; he’s so good at details.

Today I took a 2 ½ hour nap! I feel fine; I’m just so sleepy from taking antihistamines. I gave up on the stuff that’s not supposed to make me drowsy because it doesn’t do the job. The netti pot is great to keep me from coughing, but I need the antihistamines to keep my eyes and throat from itching when it‘s peak season like this. My eyes have been much better today since I’m back on antihistamines for the second day in a row.

Tonight the time changes, so I lose an hour of sleep. That means I’m going to bed early. I really think I need the sleep and the antihistamines demand it. Sleep is what I do best, so I’m going to really do a good job of it tonight. If they gave out medals for sleeping good, I’d have a great collection. I guess my reward is that I feel really good. I thank God for the gift of sleep and rest. I thank Him for all these great birds and other wildlife that He so abundantly gives to us; I feel richly blessed to get to observe them.

2 comments:

  1. When I first came to look...I went through the pics without reading. I'm saying to myself..WOWWWWWWWWWWWW that Maryjo has really done some great camera work here...especially the titmouse one. Then I went back and read..lol..sorry. But I was giving you credit for them. He does good work. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post! Dana, thanks for giving me credit for some of Steve's work. He's pretty amazing. It's fun to be with him when he's shooting, too. It feels like we're at a modeling shoot, only the birds are modeling.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete