Friday, March 27, 2009

Hawaii is a deal!



The picture on the blog tonight is Ethan, Kyle and Elise sitting on the curb in front of the gift shop at Big Cedar. That's a Japanese magnolia in bloom right behind them. Notice that cupelo; there is a spiral stairway up to the top where they have lots of different displays, like a stuffed fawn, some animal skins, some butterflies, etc. It's cool to go up there and look out the windows, too.

Today we got to go out and visit a bit with David and Dorothy. It was sure good to visit with them at home instead of in the hospital! I had gotten a can opener for Dorothy in Branson, so I put it on the wall for her. She used to have one and it broke years ago. Since her macular degenertion has gotten so bad she has really wished for a replacement for her can opener, so it was fun to be able to do that for her.

We are under a winter storm watch and they are threatening us with 3 inches of snow! It's been sleeting or hailing or spitting something all day as the temperature drops. It's interesting weather! We'll see what is here when we wake up in the morning.

We're committed to the Hawaii trip, now! That made today very interesting, too! I've been on the computer nearly all day trying to make our tickets happen. How many people get a chance to spend two months in Hawaii? Yep, that sold us. This is just too good to let slip through our fingers. We are blessed to know 2 people who want us to come and take care of their place. Now, if God will just give us the energy to do it! He will. He blesses us greatly. What a blessing to have this opportunity and we thank God.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Friends, Wow, how many people get a chance to even go to Hawaii, let alone spend 2 months there!! I am excited for you. I have always had a desire to go there but Frazier said he didn't. That will really be a great 2 months and I am so Happy for you and also for the ones you will be 'house sitting' for. They are lucky to have someone they can trust to do it so they can be worry free. Now please give Dorothy and David a hug for me. I Love them even though I have never met them. I have seen their pictures you have posted. Thank you and Thank you for taking care of her can opener needs!! You truly are one of the greatest Friend one could ever hope for. Jane is in Indiana. She left Thursday and will come back April 14th or 15th. No need to say we miss her already. She is such a joy to us. I am so happy she can go be with her Family there. And How fortunate we are to have Friends like Ruthie and Phil here to pick me up for church and just be here if we ned them. As you always say: We are so Blessed! God is so GOOD!! Thank Him for the safe trip Home and all is OK.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dot and Frazier, aren't you the sweetest to understand how excited, and really honored, to get to go spend two months in Hawaii! You're right: this is an unbelieveable opportunity and we really couldn't pass on it.

    I just saw your post tonight. I haven't figured out how to have all the posts sent to my email like they used to be before I moved to this blog, so it's easy for them to slip by me.

    We have a fellowship breakfast at church in the morning and David and Dorothy plan to be there. We'll be there, too, and I'll give them hugs from you. They will love that! They were so thrilled with your card and letter to them. Thank you so much for loving them, too. They are really doing very well; getting a little stronger each day, but still so frail.

    I know you're counting the days until Jane will be back 'home' with you. I know she loves the time she gets to spend with you, too.

    Give Ruthie and Phil hugs for me when you see them Sunday. I know
    Ruthie's not feeling her best these days, but she's putting forth her best effort to feel as good as she can.

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete