Monday, March 2, 2009

God is so good!

This picture is such a treasure to me! It is my sister, Ruthie, our brother, Jim (seated), and Ruthie’s husband, Phil.

Ruthie started dating Phil when I was 13 or 14, so I’ve known and loved him almost all my life. This picture holds three of the people I’ve loved all or nearly all my life and they mean so much to me. I’m so thrilled that Jim is doing so well after having his surgery for NPH (water on the brain) just a little over 3 weeks ago. I talked to him on the phone Saturday while Ruthie and Phil were there visiting him, and he sounded so great. Ruthie said that he looks and seems so very good; very improved over the last times we’ve seen him. Praise God, and, thank you all so much for your prayers for his recovery. Thank you, Ruthie and Phil for sharing this picture with me and for going to see Jim!

From here things are pretty good, too. David got to go home from the hospital today. He is struggling to breathe, but we know that he doesn’t have pneumonia or anything else other than advanced COPD. It’s good that he can go home and be more comfortable.

It’s bitter cold here, so we haven’t walked since Friday. It’s warming soon, though, so we’ll make up for it. I still feel really good and thank God so much for that. It’s giving me time to get caught up on some bookkeeping and details that need to be done around here. We do have daffodils in bloom in the yard, so I’m enjoying some cut daffodils in the house. I thank God for them, too.

4 comments:

  1. Jo....I'm going to take away a year or give you a year; whichever!! Anyway, Phil says "she wasn't that old, she wasjust a tiny little thing". I thought that was cute...actually you were only 12 when I started dating him! I'm glad you liked the picture. BTW, I'm wondering how I missed the big fish! Was it on the "tour"? Maybe I saw it and it just looks different with you in his mouth!! Pretty cool picture! I wonder if this will post??! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It posted! Congratulations! Thanks for the year! Yeah, if I was only 12 when you started dating Phil, I was pretty little. I was this tall (?!), but no boobs, no rear . . . no fat anywhere. How sweet of him to remember me as a tiny little thing! I was this same size; just a skinny little thing. HA! The big fish was there; you just don't recognize it with me in his mouth!

    Love you,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jo, I sure do enjoy all the updates and pictures and of course the one of Ruthie and Phil and Your Brother. He sure does look good and I am so happy and thankful that they have found the problem and are doing something to help. Too bad they didn't find it sooner but I guess better late than never. Now I like the one of you standing in the hugh mouth of the fish. You look like a little girl! I am so happy you got such a good report at MD Anderson and know you will keep getting the good reports since you do all the exercising and etc. you are supposed to do. We were happy to know Ruthie and Phil had a good time at Gatlinburg. I Love those Mountains!
    Spring is really on the way big time this week. Though it has been cold for a week and now the forecast is for temperatures in the the 70's by Sat. Jane cut a bouquet of butter cups a week or so ago and they have really been a pleasure to us, as she always does things to make us happy.
    keep up the good work! We all appreciat you.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, how good to hear from you! We are enjoying butter cups around here, too. It's so fun to me when they bloom because it feels like spring is for sure nearly here! They get spring started in such a magnificent way. Even if we have another cold spell, we know the cold may linger, but it's really almost a thing of the past.

    Enjoy spring! And enjoy having Jane there with you. What a blessing that she can be there so much.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete