Thursday, March 12, 2009

Double the pleasure.

The picture tonight has TWO birds in it. It was such a breathless moment when we had these TWO birds within the range of our cameras. Even I got these two birds with my camera, but Steve has the clearest and best pictures. If you’re having trouble seeing them, the eastern bluebird is sitting almost in the middle of the picture. Behind him and up a little at the hole in the tree is the nuthatch, upside-down! Remember, you can click on the picture and it should get bigger for you to see the details better.

I’m eager to get back to Branson and look for birds, again! We’re leaving here early Saturday morning and we’ll stop in Oklahoma City and pick up 5 of Tricia’s kids. Nate is the drill sergeant in the St. Patrick’s Day parade on Saturday, so Trish and Rob will stay for the parade with him. It’s going to be cold on Saturday, so the rest of us aren’t going to brave the parade; we’ll wait and see the video that Rob makes of it. We’ll go ahead and set up ‘camp’ at the condo in Branson. I’m getting so excited; I can hardly wait. I’ve been getting things ready all day. Tomorrow I’ll pack the suitcase and load everything into the car. Woo-hoo! Here we go!

David is doing better and better every day. Praise God! Thank you all for the concern that you’ve mentioned to me in emails. The doctor took him off all the IV’s today and is giving him medicine in pill form. If he handles it okay, then he can go home tomorrow! He seems to be doing very well, but his ankles are swollen. I think the doctor will think that is because he’s not up walking around, but he may feel that he’s retaining fluids and be concerned about fluid collecting on his lungs or heart. We’ll just have to wait and see how it goes tomorrow. He’s breathing, though! It’s so much better than it was on Sunday and Monday when he went to the hospital! We thank God for His care!

I am doing great. I’m finding ways to massage my arm and shoulder so that I’m better able to control the lymphedema. It’s a constant thing, but it’s manageable. I thank God for that, too! He so richly blesses us with everything from health to family and birds, even! PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment