Wednesday, March 18, 2009

off day


This is a picture I took yesterday at the fish hatchery. You can see the fish roughing the water as they get the food Grace and Raynie are throwing to them. In the front Trish is down on her knees with Raynie; then Sadie and Rob and Grace is down on her knees to feed the fish. Then Nate; then Don and Gabe; Mason is behind Gabe.

There is nothing showy about the fish hatchery, but it was way fun for us. The price is especially right: FREE! We saw trout from the size of little minnows to 30 pounders. There must have been 50 anglers in the water fishing where they release them, too. After we toured the fish hatchery we hiked along the water.

Today Don and I took the day off. Don had an upset stomach all day and hardly ate a thing; that was a sure clue to us the he wasn’t feeling good when he didn’t eat! Trish and Rob took the 4 younger kids to the Landing tonight and Nate and Gabe were here with us when Don finally lost his cookies. He’s feeling better, now. I hope it’s not something the rest of us will get! Nate and Gabe and I left him alone and played canasta. (Nate whipped us.)

I guess I hiked too much yesterday, or it might have been that time I came up to the fifth floor by the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator. Anyway, I’ve got a sore hip. Today I thought of all the precious people I know who have broken hips (Ann, you’re the most recent) and I’ve gained even more respect for them. Mine is just sore and it’s making me think seriously about Don always telling me how serious it is to fall! (He read recently that more women DIE from complications from falls than from breast cancer and ovarian cancer put together!) I’m getting around, but just not at my usual clip. It’s not as bad as a bad knee, but a day off was good for me.

I did take Grace and Raynie to the playground while Trish and Rob took the others off shopping and miniature golfing, so we had plenty of fun. Raynie is such a cutie and Grace is a great big sister. I thank God for precious little people to brighten up our lives so much and for the opportunity to spend time with them! (Even the precious "little" people who are nearly as tall as Don and 17 or 18! We have two granddaughters who are 18, and 9 of our 15 grandkids are as tall or taller than me; they are all sunshine to us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment