Monday, March 9, 2009

The picture tonight is another of Steve’s from Big Cedar. This one is a pretty awesome hawk. I’m sure Steve and Mary know his specific kind, but I don’t remember any more than the simple hawk. I’m just amazed at his beauty.

Today has been an interesting day. Dorothy had to rush David to the hospital this morning because he was having such difficulty breathing. After some tests they believe that he has an abscess on his lung. They are giving him some strong antibiotics in hopes that they can shrink it without surgery. We took Dorothy out to her house to pack for them in case they sent them to OKC for surgery. It appears that he won’t be going right away; I just pray that the antibiotics work because he’s not really a very good candidate for surgery. His son is planning to be here from California tomorrow evening, so he will be great support for them. He also has an issue going with his heart because his echocardiogram score was 19 and it should be 60. The doctor today explained that his heart is failing. His not getting enough oxygen to his heart is likely the problem, so he really has to get all this corrected as soon as possible.

I sure thank God for good people in our lives like David and Dorothy. I pray that we can support them in every way that we can. We sure pray that David can recover from this challenge and regain his strength. David is also an avid birder, so he would love to be seeing these pictures.

My allergies have been much better for the last couple of days. I’m using Benedryl to keep them under control and it’s working. I’m not digging at my eyes! Thank you, God!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! I hope I can post this note. I am absolutely LOVING all the great pictures your Friend Steve made while at Big Cedar. They are some of the most beautiful birds I have ever seen! Thank you Steve! He must have a great camera.
    Could you email me David and Dorothy's mailing address, or put it on your blog?
    Hope your allergies get gone soon. Seen any good movies? Changeling is good. Hi to Don, Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda! I'm so glad you are enjoying the birds! I sure love them and hiking around and seeing them was really a delight! Steve does have a great camera, but he sure knows how to work it, too! You are so sweet to think of sending a card to David and Dorothy! They will love that! I'll put their address on the blog in case someone else is as thoughtful as you.

    My allergies are doing so much better. Whew! I was nearly at my wits end with them; reminded me of when I first started having them in the 9th grade. We haven't seen anymore movies, but thanks for the nudge for Changeling; we may get a chance to see it.

    Love you both,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jo, it is me again. Every time I read your updates, I want to send you a not back and don't want to be a nusiance. I sure am enjoying Steve's photos of the birds. I try to recognize them before reading what they are and most of them I can. We have all of them coming and going here. Jane put up a double line, clothes line, and hung bird feeders on it and has suet cake holders. She will fill all feeders which are about six, maybe more sunflower seed and one large finch feeder which has a bowl like container and you fill it and it fills 4 socks. You have probably seen them. They empty all feeders in less that a week. Thistle seed is expensive too. We have bird houses on the post on the porch and blue birds and sparrows fight over them. The blue birds just wont fight back. I just enjoy so much sitting in here watching all kinds of birds coming to the suet feeders. Even finces are eating from it.
    I am going to send David and Dorothy a card. As you say, I feel like I know them and I can Love without ever meeting them. I sure will be praying for them as well as you all. Enjoy your trip to Branson and I know you will and all your family. We enjoy being able to keep in touch with Ruthie and Phil even thought we only see each other at church Sunday and Wed. We keep in touch via e-mail. Friendship is so Great!!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, Frazier and Janie,

    It's so good to hear from you; you are never a nuisance and always a blessing! I can imagine all the birds you have at your place. When we lived there we had 29 different kinds of birds that we loved watching. We've never lived in a bird paradise like there! I'm so glad you're enjoying the bird show on my blog!

    We're really looking forward to this trip to Branson with the kids. I'll get good pictures of them and put them on the blog.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete