Thursday, December 14, 2006

The "Drip Club"




Here are pictures of the "Drip Club." Emily has breast cancer; her husband, Robert, had a bad tooth infection while they were here and he had 3 teeth pulled yesterday. They'll come back in 6 months and he'll have and implant and a bridge done, I think. Anyway, he has joined the "Drip Club" to boost his immune system while he has this dental work done. This picture was made while Irene, another patient was gone to the dentist.


Bill Brown, a pancreatic cancer patient lives not too far away and he comes for a week at a time from time to time. He was here when we came but has been home this week. He's coming back next week.


Dr. Santa Cruz is pictured with us. I hope I can get more pictures soon of Dr. Zavalla and Marena, the nurse. There are a couple of other doctors who come in and consult and help when needed, but I doubt if I'll catch them for pictures. They aren't there much or I'm in the chamber when they're there. One is an oncologist, one is a cardiologist, and one is an anesthesthesist.


Notice the poinsettias sitting around and the beautiful Christmas tree.


This will give you a clue about where we spend a lot of time these days. Pardon me for no makeup. There's not much point in wearing makeup when I'm going to be sweating like a pig or getting rubbed down with oils! Don said, "But, how will I recognize you?" Keeps me laughing!
Thanks for your love and prayers . . .




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    Looks like a good group to me, but tell Don he needs to quit being camera shy and show us his face. I'm sure your relieved that your nausea was just the result of a headache coming on and not the result of the treatment or of pregnancy (lol). Personally, I think it's a case of Canasta withdrawals!!!
    Dad and Mom sure have been missing you two. They came for a visit this past weekend and they ended up taking home a new Canasta Playing Table and Chairs!!! Yes, after Staci and I put new covers on the chairs they went out and bought new ones.
    Just one more week until Jacob is home for 2 weeks. I can hardly wait. I warned him that he was in for a lot of "Mom" hugs and kisses. I just wanted him prepared for a sore neck and cheeks! He's warned me that he's ready for a lot of Mom's home cooking.
    I'd better let you go. Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that your in my thoughts and prayers hourly. Love, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canasta withdrawals! I'll bet that's it! Now I learn that I'm missiong out on the new table and chairs! Man! I'm sure they'll have it all broken in good by the time we get home. I got a new 6 deck shuffler on Ebay; it'll be waiting when we get home, too. We'll be ready to play!!! I was counting the days today until Jacob comes home; I know you all are SO excited!!! Don't forget to wear your red shirt on Friday; I'll be wearing mine. Give Jacob a hug for me. Thanks for your love, notes and prayers.

    Love, Jo

    Ps: I'm sure wearing that yellow shirt you made a lot. It's cooler than we expected here, so I'm cherishing the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete