Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday Dec 27 Update

Wow, today was kind of a grand finale. I did a double in the hyperthermia chamber. I didn’t know I was going to do that, so I was really thinking it was lasting a long time! My veins were running from them, so even with them dilated from the heat, it took a second stick before they got a good one. Then it complained the whole time. (burned) I guess it was more painful because I was in there so long. I think they were doing a double because I missed Christmas day; also because it’s my last hyperthermia chamber event. I guess they wanted us to have a great party. If they hadn’t kept sticking me and if my arm weren’t burning I would have enjoyed the party, more.

I was not to be outdone, though. I threatened them with the whole TN Army National Guard, and they cried, “Uncle!” Not really, but in my imagination, YES! I decided everyone didn’t have to deal with the heat, so I took another escape. We went to the hotel in Los Angeles and you all helped me pack all the heavy stuff in my little suitcase. You are all Gumby size, so, you’d jump into the spaces and see just what would fit where. Then we all went on the flight to Hawaii and all of us met Don at the airport. It was a gala event, and you were al such a big help. The cheering was awesome. I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty drained from it all.

It’s better not to eat before going into they hyperthermia chamber. So, I came out starved and mostly thirsty. Poor Irene. She hadn’t had a bit to eat all morning and she couldn’t go in until I came out. Good thing she only has 3 teeth or she might take a bit out of someone when she gets out if we don’t get food to her quickly. Bless her heart; she prayed for us the whole time I was in the chamber. Most people would have prayed for food, but she is so generous! I’ll be we go to bed early tonight; we’ll both be worn out and have full tummies!

I don’t expect any more news today, so I’m going to get this written so I won’t have it to do later. As soon as we get back to the hotel I’ve got to get everything ready to check out in the morning. Now, tomorrow’s update will be late. I don’t even know if I’ll have computer access in the hotel. So, no news is good news. I’ll get an update online as soon as I can. Friday night I’ll be in Hawaii, but it’ll be 4 hours behind Central Standard Time. So, when I get there at 9 p.m. it’ll be 1 a.m. for you in the Central time zone. So, take a couple of days off from checking the blog and join me in trusting God to take care of everything. He is so good! Remember I love you all and I take you with me everywhere I go!

4 comments:

  1. Jo- Just read your update. I sent you the email addresses of HHS '58. I don't promise they are up to date but it's all I have. Sounds like your treatment is going well. Happy New Year to you and Don. Peace. John Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanks, John, and welcome home! The treatments have gone very well, and I'm on my way to spend the night in LA today, then leave on an early flight to Hawaii to join Don tomorrow. Thanks so much for the email addressas and for the encouraging post. 2007 will be a great year for us; we've learned so much through this experience; 2007 will be a turn around for us, I know. Our best wishes to you for this coming year, too! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jo! Here I am green with envy that you are going to Hawaii - AGAIN! I sent some lucky lady bugs in the Christmas card but who knows where your mail is while you are galavanting. This breast cancer thing is just a blip on the radar and I'm glad the treatments are going well. I've heard of the great care in Tiajuana before, and although there may be many clinics, sounds like you found a great one. Sure never had a doctor take me out to dinner or on an excursion!! Bet you are his favorite patient! I enjoy reading the blog to keep posted, and sorry you have to go through this, but glad you are willing to share for the next guy or gal who might need the info. I always said you should be a writer because you really capture the moment. Your optimism is contagious and your strong faith will see you through. Hope you are in sweet Don's arms as we speak. Thinking of you daily and praying for your vim and vigor to return. "7 come 11 in 2007" is my mantra for luck! And, Vegas in 2008! Yahoo! Meanwhile, enjoy Hawaii and I hope you have many sunny days of leisure. Loving you across the miles...B&S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boyd and Susan, you sure know how to make me feel good. You write and it almost feels like you are right here with us! I'm feeling really good. If I get vim and vigor in 2007, that'll be great! I hope it comes Monday, the first! No kidding I feel just fine; maybe I don't have much stamina, but I've been running low on that for several years . . . since about the 50 mark if I remember right. Anyway, I'm blessed to have friends like you two; how sweet it is! Yes, Don can hardly shake me and he's not trying; we are really enjoying being together. I haven't had a chance to go through the snail mail, yet; it's here because our great friend in Hobart is forwarding everything to us. People have been so good to us. I hope to get to the snail mail this evening. I like 7 come 11 in 2007; I'll share it with you and we'll get lucky together! Love, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete