Friday, December 1, 2006

Today's Update - getting started

Today started with the drawing of blood. I guess we'll have results soon; I think it's mostly for making a base of information for us to compare as we go along. Then I had a chest X-Ray which showed my lungs are clear and my heart is good (no enlargement). I also had an EKG, which was normal. Then they began a treatment with an IV drip of vitamins and minerals, plus I had some subliminal treatments of Carnivora (cancer killer), DMSO (to help with absorption of the other things), and lymph drainage (gets rid of heavy metals and other stuff that doesn't belong in the body).

Now, if all of that sounds hairy, it wasn't. Don and I are staying in a hotel that is very nice and has a king size bed with 300 count cotton sheets. It's not the Ritz, but it is plenty nice and we have TV and could get a fridge if we wanted it; we refused it. Anyway, we get up in the morning and they pick us up from the clinic and drive us the block and a half over there. Then, we are in the clinic, there is a very nice sort of sunroom on the side where all the patients and their family hang out. There is a sofa, a love seat and several big huge recliners for us to use in relaxing. They are all very soft and plush and covered in very soft leather. There are soft blankets all around in case we get chilled; very comfortable. There is a big glass table with 6 chairs where we can eat or work. Two of us have our laptops and the clinic has wireless access, as does the hotel. If I can just get time to get on the computer I can get some work and communications done. Many folks have been so kind to write; I'll try to get back to everyone; just hang tough with me. They bring us breakfast and lunch to the clinic. We eat together, but we have to eat around everyone's treatments, so the schedule usually runs kind of late. Most of us just snack for supper or skip it because we eat PLENTY during the day. The clinic is bright and fresh looking. It's not huge, but it's perfect. Off the 'sunroom' is a patio. It was too cold to go out there, today, but, I think it will be nice when it warms to normal. Everyone on the staff is so kind and loving. There are fresh flowers in every room, and that's such a boost to me; I love those flowers! There is an awesome sign on the wall in the bathroom about attitudinal healing. I mentioned to one of the doctors that I like it and hope to get time in there to copy it down tomorrow. He said, "Maybe we can type it off on the computer and copy it for you." That kind of attitude is how they always are.

Tomorrow I get to do the hyperthermia for an hour. I'm looking forward to that. I'm not too sure what it is, but I went in and met a patient who was doing it today. She appeared to be wrapped in a blanket in a box of some kind of heat and lights. She said it was cozy. I'm ready for that because it's cold here. I shouldn't even complain about the cold since it's snowing at home! I came here in jeans and a jacket since it was kind of cool at home. But the clothes in my suitcase are for warm weather! They're having a cold wave here and it's windy! It's supposed to be back up to 80 in a day or two, but it was in the 30's last night. So, wrapped in a blanket and cozy sounds good to me! Also, this hyperthermia is supposed to help the Carnivora do it's work. As I learn more I will report.

I am not keeping any secrets. I am telling you all that is happening. I may forget details. In fact they tell me a lot, and I understand it well enough to know I'm comfortable and encouraged with the treatments, but I don't understand it well enough to repeat it. You, know, the decor thing, I get . . . like starting the car I get, whereas, tuning the transmission would be too technical for me to repeat.

Thank you all for your love and prayers!

6 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    I'm so glad you have this place where we can keep track of what is going on with you. Glad Don is with you. Just remember Sam and I send our prayers, good thoughts and love.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started my prayer chain of friends. We all have you in our thoughts and prayers. I spoke with O'Marie today and she sends her love and prayers too.

    I love you Sissy
    Princess Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test comment by Tricia

    Love you, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo,

    Not a minute goes by that I don't think of you! Lots of prayers are being sent up for you by your friends in Springville!

    We both send our love and prayers!

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MaryJo...my heart just breaks for you. I know this will be conquered through the positive thoughts in your head. No one...absolutely no one, is as positive a thinker as you are.
    Thank you for doing this blog so that your many, many friends will "be with you". Love you, dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Jo,

    Glad things are going well. Went to Snopes regarding the Light to Unite, and this is what it says:
    The promotion promises to deliver $1 to the National AIDS Fund for every visitor who comes to the www.lighttounite.org web site through 31 December 2006 and lights a virtual candle. However, the promotion was capped at a maximum contribution of $100,000, and the "Light to Unite" site received over 100,000 candle-lighting visitors within a short time of its launch, so further web site visits are no longer raising additional monies for the National AIDS Fund.

    However, it is possible — as sometimes happens that the sponsor (Bristol-Myers Squibb) will react to the overwhelming public response by raising their maximum contribution cap.

    So I'd suggest we all take your advice and go light a candle.

    ReplyDelete