Saturday, December 16, 2006

Friday Dec 15 Update

Emily and Robert left for home today, so it was kind of bittersweet. We're glad for them to get to go home, but we'll sure miss them. We've built a great friendship. Of course we'll be keeping them with us in spirit and thought and prayer . . . and email!

They tell us on the weather that we're expecting a storm over the weekend. We wonder what that means and what it will mean to our trip to the laundry. We'll see. Don leaves Monday for Los Angeles. I made a reservation today for him to stay in a hotel near the airport Monday night so he can take an early flight to Hawaii on Tuesday. I also made my reservation for a room on the 28th, so I can go through the same process to leave to meet him on the 29th. We are closing in on the last half of our stay here!


These are the doctors. The two together are the oncologist (whose name I can never get right) with Dr. Santa Cruz. The oncologist is about Don's size. The other doctor standing alone is Dr. Zavallas.

Doctor Santa Cruz examined me today and agreed with Dr. Zavallas, the nurse and Don and I that my lumps are shrinking and softer. That is good progress for just two weeks! We are excited about what the next 2 weeks can do to those lumps! Then I plan to continue with 12 more weeks of oral treatments in Hawaii and when we get home. I will have another mammogram and see where we stand at that point. Of course we will do assessments along the way, but that is the general plan at this point. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support!



The hyperthermia chamber is open and ready for me to climb in. Notice the rolled towel for my pillow. It's my request; others use a regular bed pillow. They zipped me in and Don took my picture before I melted. Today was a great day in the chamber. Little Phil led prayer, Deanna was singing with some of the women from church who sing like angels. I wore my red shirt (support the troops) until I had to strip down for the chamber. The troops (TN National Army Guard) were all there and we were counting down the days until Jacob Sells comes home for Christmas.



2 comments:

  1. HEY AUNT GRAMMY,
    ITS LITTLE PHIL AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IF MY PRAYERS IN THE CHAMBER WERE HELPING YOU OUT? I'M SURE THEY ARE,BECAUSE GOD IS ALWAYS THERE TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS. BY THE WAY,CAN YOU SEE IF YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HEAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'M GETTING VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HOT!!!!!!!! BY THE WAY DO WE GET A TAN IN THE CHAMBER, BECAUSE I NEED ONE. HANG IN THERE AND REMEMBER GOD IS KEEPING YOU SAFE. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOVE
    LITTLE PHIL












    LOVE
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folks, Little Phil is my borrowed grandbaby, nearly grown up! When we first retired in Tennessee we were states away from all our grandkids. Phillip was born and the whole family very gratiously shared him with us. He gave us our grandbaby fixes! Our kids called us Grammy and Poppy, so we became Aunt Grammy and Uncle Poppy to Phillip who has grown up to little Phil. He led us all in prayer in the chamber yesterday, so he was sweating with the best of us! Phil, you bet those prayers helped! It was one of my best days in the chamber! Sorry, no tanning in the chamber; we sure come out with rosy cheeks, though! Thank you for going in there with me and for your precious prayers. Love, Aunt Grammy

    ReplyDelete