Friday, December 1, 2006

Friday update

Friday seemed to fly like all the other time does! We started this morning with a checking of vitals for me. Of course I was normal in every way. Then they put me into the chamber for hyperthermia. I was looking forward to it, but it was really hot after the first 45 minutes, and I was fighting claustrophobia, too. I had to really talk myself into staying in there! The idea behind the hydrothermia (you will find it interesting to google it) is that healthy cells don't mind heat, but the cancer sells die with heat. That's good, when the cancer cells die! Also it exacerbates the good that the other things they're giving me does. So, I slept for the first 45 minutes, then I woke up and really would liked to have gotten out. I kept telling myself that the heat was killing my enemy and I could surely conquer a little claustrophobia before I could let the enemy win! The nurse or doctor would come in every 10 minutes or so to see how I was doing. I wasn't weak or anything, so they left me in there. The doctor said he was surprised I could stay so long, so I was pleased not to be a weenie . . . although I'd sure considered it for the last hour! While I was 'cooking' in the hyperthermia chamber, they had an IV drip going with electrolytes, minerals, and I'm not sure what else besides the Carnivora, which is the real scavenger for cancer cells. Then after that they gave me a saline solution drip to re-hydrate me, I guess. That was about it for the day, besides meals. Meals are not like the Mexican food we get at home. It's eating to live, not living to eat and that's how it should be. They are so gracious at the center. While I was in the chamber Don and the husband of another patient went walking around the area where we are. Then after we were done, Don took me for a bit of the walk they took. The weather is nice here, now. We were comfortable walking without a jacket this afternoon. I'm ready to get a bath and get to bed! We start early in the morning, then take Sunday off, I think.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment