Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saturday Dec 16 Update

Today was a ‘spa’ day, in that all the things were good. The Galvano treatment is not a piece of cake, but it’s so nothing compared to what many people have to face. The electrodes feel like someone is gouging me with razor blades and twisting, but I figure if our troops can do what they do for our country, then I can take a few gouges for my own health. It only lasts for 20 minutes and the first 5 or 10 aren’t so bad. I counted and pretended I was counting down the time until Jacob Sells and Brandon Hope come home. Coming home has a precious ring to it! My catheter was to come out today, but it didn’t make it through today’s drips. It clogged and had to come out early. Then they put a butterfly type IV into the back of my hand, which was no picnic and kind of messed with my ‘spa’ day. J I just tell you that so you know that this is not all peaches and cream, in case any of you should follow me. It’s really a wonderful experience, but there are some challenges.

After we finished at the clinic we walked across the walkway that goes over the nearby highway. We were surprised! We see 5 lanes of traffic on our side, and then there is a wall. We thought there would be 5 lanes going the other way on the other side of the wall. There was a RIVER there! Past the river were the 5 lanes of traffic going the other way. It was an interesting walk. There was a park and a swimming pool over there besides a hospital and lots of other things. We didn’t go down; we just viewed from up on the walkway.

It’s brisk and cool outside, but it’s still nice for walking. We see a couple of guys who can barely walk from time to time, and we are so grateful for our health. Everyone here is so nice to us. We’re grateful for that, too.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for your love and prayers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jo! That Galvano treatment sounds bad. Was it like shock treatments since you mentioned electrodes? Do you get to go to church there? Just thinking about you this morning and getting myself ready for church and wondered. Have a good day off! Love, Linda Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda! Yeah, those Galvano treatments are starting to haunt my sauna days. :) I just figure they aren't as bad as it could be, and for 10 minutes or so I can take anything. I thought that about labor and delivery, too, but I had a wonderful prize after those. The wonderful prize after all this will be good, clean health, so it's worth it. Every moment is worship time for us! We don't have a church to attend here. We only go to where we can walk. We'll do church when we get to Hawaii; in the meantime we are so close to God. He is so in control of all this and He holds my hand even through the Galvano treatments. Thanks for caring! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete