Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Wednesday Dec 6 Update

Oh, WOW! Today was the BEST day because Gretta came to see us! She couldn’t stand being at home and worrying about us here in Tijuana. Besides, she’s had bad throat infection and her doctor said to get out of Kentucky and get some good dry air would be just the thing to get her back in shape. I suspect that he is wise enough to see that she was never going to calm down until she saw for herself that I am okay and this treatment is a good thing for me. She’s never spent much time in Missouri, but she sure is a ‘show me’ sort of person. It was wonderful to walk into the hotel and have her pop out and say, “Boo!” One of her all time best friends, Deeann, lives in San Diego, so she picked her up at the airport and came down with her to Tijuana. They went back to Deeann’s house for tonight. Deeann’s husband will bring her to the border tomorrow and she’ll take a cab over here. Then she’ll spend the day with us. She’ll get to see all my treatments, except I won’t do the Hyperthermia chamber tomorrow. She’ll see it Friday, though. She plans to come over and spend the days like that Thursday and Friday, then she’ll come and spend the night on Saturday and the day with us Sunday. She’ll go back to Deeann’s house on Sunday evening, and then Deeann will take her to the airport to go home on Monday morning. I think she can vouch to the rest of the family and the world that we are doing a good thing, here. I know she will feel lots better having spent a few days with us, and I sure hope it’s good for her throat. She is 6 months pregnant, so it’s fun for us to see her carrying the next little one in our family, too.

I did my Hyperthermia treatment and it went very well. It’s amazing how wonderful it is to do that treatment with all you people in there for the party. The first time I did one of those treatments, they kept asking me if I was doing okay and I’d just whine about how HOT I was. These last two times they ask and I just say I’m doing great! Today I asked to stay 6 hours, but they only let me stay for 2. I guess they don’t want me to scramble my brains.

Tomorrow is the really relaxing day. They’ll do the electrodes (Don says that’s called Galvano Therapy.) that feel like they’re pinching my breast; then they’ll do the really hot local treatment, then I’ll get the wonderful and awesome lymph massage and a nap. I love that day. I’ve decided to bring all of you for that, too; I figure you should be in on the fun, not just the heat. This whole thing is turning into a party! Keep those notes coming; they’re wonderful! Love you all ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo: I received the email from John O'Brian today an learned of your prayer request. God Bless you!!. I can truly share in what you are going through. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in October and it has been the journey of my lifetime. I pray for your healing. Visit my website sometime:
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/pamlyden

    I would love to hear from you!!

    Sincerely, Pam Shupe Lyden
    Itazuke, Class of 1974

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    Am glad that Trish got this site for you. It is good that we can all keep up with you on a daily basis. Thank you for allowing me in the chamber with you. Your discription was so wonderful to read.
    Give Gretta a hug for me and I enjoyed speaking on the phone to both girls. Am sending my love to you all.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete