Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Tuesday Update

I wish I could report what all my treatments were today, but it went by so fast, I didn’t have time to ask for details! The day began with the doctor giving me the most thorough breast exam I’ve EVER had. He didn’t use a fine-toothed comb, but it was about the same. After the births of each of Tricia’s children, at home with the midwife, the midwife thoroughly examined the placenta. This was much like that examination. He also examined me to the waist and including my hands and arms pretty much like that. It was nearly like a massage as he went around my neck and shoulders feeling of every square inch. I think he trusts the nurse’s judgment from when she does the lymph massage, that there are no more cysts or lumps below the waist, plus I have no complaints. I can’t tell you exactly what he found, but I think there were two lumps that were not mobile (indicates malignancy of they don’t move). There were also a couple of what he expects to be cysts here and there. He said we will aggressively go after those lumps and that we did, today.

In addition to the drips I’ve been doing of Carnivora and vitamins, electrolytes and minerals, they did some strong electrical treatments right where those lumps that concerned him are. They placed electrodes on the breast and then turned on the machine. At first I didn’t feel anything and she kept turning it up I couldn’t tolerate it any more. I made it up to a pretty strong level before I had to stop her and she was pretty impressed. I’ll pay better attention next time so I can report better. If felt like someone was pinching my breast in several places for about 15 minutes, but I rationalized that it beats a lot of horrible things I could be doing, instead.

Then they put some direct heat right onto that breast for 15 or 20 minutes. While all this is going on there is nice, soft music playing, and I go to sleep, so it’s hard to keep up with what’s happening.

After all that I was given a full body lymph massage. You know how you have to smooth the toothpaste tube out to get the very last bit out of it? That’s sort of how the lymph massage goes. She uses caster oil with a dab of lavender oil to lubricate, and then she goes from my fingertips to my shoulders ‘rubbing out the lymph.’ Then she goes from my toes up to my hips, smoothing out the lymph. Then she wrings out my mid section and then smoothes it up to my shoulders. I love how it feels.

They took me to the dentist today (in the same building) to have a panoramic X-ray done of my teeth. We’re going to look at the possibility of having all the mercury removed from my teeth. Tomorrow I begin the day in the hyperthermia chamber and will get my first IPT treatment after the cancer cells are heated up and wilted. So, everyone get ready for the chamber party, again. I’m braced, ready, and looking forward to it. Thanks for climbing in with me!

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. MJ,
    Just read up on your news....I think I know a whole bunch of kindergarten kids in that chamber with you...only they're US..will be thinking about you more often than before....hang in there..

    Your OLDEST pal,
    Danny

    ReplyDelete