Saturday, December 9, 2006

Friday Dec 8 Update

It’s hard to believe that we’ve been here over a week! But, time is flying. With Gretta here, it’s really flying. We’re really enjoying her! Today was my hyperthermia day and it went really well. I feel really guilty to have that incredibly hot, healing place to be when most of the people I know and love are in the middle of real winter weather! I’m grateful for the opportunity to do this and have this avenue of healing. This catheter on the outside of my arm is the best one I’ve had. I hardly know it’s there and I don’t get nearly as tangled like I did with the other ones. Praise God!

Tomorrow Gretta is coming to spend the night in the hotel with us. She’ll be with us at the clinic for all my treatments, and then we’ll have the rest of the day and night together and Sunday. Sunday night she’ll head back to her friend’s house in San Diego, then her friend will take her to the airport on Monday to go home. It’s been a great visit for us and for her, too, I think. At least she knows I’m getting good care, here.

Thanks for all your prayers and concern and emails and calls. Remember, I will answer when I can. Sometimes that’s not so quick, but I’ll get to it as soon as possible. I can’t email while I’m in treatments, and sometimes I can’t get a connection. Then, sometimes I have to share the computer with Don! J Usually the connections here are very good, so I’ll get everything answered!

I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Jo,

    You just keep on taking us all in there with you along with your grateful attitude! I know God surely picked you for this to bring glory to Him "through it all". (A favorite song!)

    We love you!
    Ruthie & Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole thing except for the messages from you all are in Spanish, so I wonder if this is where I can respond? I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks, Ruthie and Phil, for your precious remarks. I certainly do take everyone into the chamber with me. I hope it heals everyone's ills as well it is such tremendous support to me. Deanna is singing "Through it All" for all of usin the chamber. This is turning into a wonderful time, and I sure give God the glory for it! For this particular post, I want to say that I am so lucky to have this sister, and to quote our brother, Jim, "I'm so glad you married that guy!" Love you both, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, This is Pat in CA,your sister's friend and I remember you visiting in Whittier about 100 years ago but seems like yesterday. You were a bit upset with us for "kidding" around about marriage as we laughed and then felt bad. (You were such a cutie!)So sorry you have been affected by this cancer and wanted to say I'm keeping all good thoughts going every day and admire your strength. Have Ruthie give you my email..We are about 1 1/2 hrs away from S.D. With love and support, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for writing, Pat! I'm so glad your sister got good news with her tests! Of course I remember you, but I don't remember you teasing me. Thanks for the good thoughts coming my way. We are hoping and praying for the best. God is good! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete