Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tuesday Dec 19 Update

I keep looking at my watch to see what Don is doing; should be just about landing in Honolulu! I’m excited for him! He’ll have a little over 3 hours to wait around in Honolulu, so I imagine he might be pacing some. Bless his heart. I hope he didn’t have to carry on a bag to lighten one of his other bags, but we had one packed inside a big one that he could take out if he had to do that. He likes to be unbothered by ‘stuff,’ so I hope he doesn’t have a bag to watch and can just walk around. He’ll like the exercise. THEN, he’s in for such a treat when he gets to Kona! Our friends, Steve and Mary from Oklahoma City, are meeting him at the airport. Then they’re taking him up to Bob’s in Hawi where they will all go to the Bamboo restaurant to eat supper. Steve and Mary and Don love that place. It’s probably old hat to Bob, but I think he’ll enjoy the company.

Things were just great at the clinic today. The Galvano treatment went better than usual. I was able to take it at the highest level ever for me with no whining! I thought of 3 nieces and Gretta who will all be going through labor and delivery from now till June and I determined that I could breathe deep and get through it. Everything is so mental! It amazed me how well that worked! The infrared heat felt wonderful because it feels so cold here. And the massage is something I’m sure going to miss when I leave! One of the patients is sharing some wonderful books and scriptures with me. How blessed we are to have each other for support. I’m going to look on Ebay and see if I can find a good deal on a massage table. I’m memorizing all she does and I’d love to treat folks to such a massage, not to mention it will make it easier to swap massages with Don if we have a table. It might be out of the question, but it won’t hurt to look.

Thanks for looking, caring, posting, and praying. I know it’s not always easy to post, so don’t worry if you’ve tried and have trouble. I’m getting lots of good vibes, and God is taking care of me.

Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. My sweet Sissy
    I tried to post yesterday but it wouldn't let me so I'll try again today. I had a thought about the chamber....can I lead the singing in there next time? I have a bunch of songs that are special and favorites..."It Is Well" comes to mind right now. No matter where we are or what is happening around us, because of our Heavenly Father and His infinite grace and mercy, it is indeed well with our souls. I also wanted to share my favorite scripture. I like it best in the Living Bible. Phil 4:6 "Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the singing at our hyperthermia parties! "It is Well with My Soul" is one of my all time favorites so I'm glad Ruthie suggested that song. A person's faith grows stonger when they express it and you have been doing that every time you share with us. I have to go now......gotta practice singing for the chamber music! Love, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi "Little One"...I had to smile as I read Patty's note thinking I'm the one who suggested "It Is Well With My Soul" since Teri called you "Sissy". I could have suggested it because it has always been one of my favorites!! Beautiful words and meloday! I've thought about you all day and was hoping all was going well with you. I'm sure it went well, and if not you would make the best of it and tell yourself "it is well"; that's just how you are! You are so awesome and doing such a wonderful job of leading us all! I love you dearly....Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness! I haven't been able to get to the blog at all since I came back to the hotel from the clinic. Sometimes the signal strength is so weak at the hotel connection that it just won't pull anything up for me. If I wait long enough, it'll show.

    Anyway, I was talking to Ruthie on the phone and she told me she got a kick out of Patty thinking she was the one who called me Sissy. Patty, Terri Lamb from Itazuke has adopted me, and Ruthie was so touched when she went up to her in Dover and said, "Hi, I'm your sister!" Today's posts were just so cool and so united. You three are really sisters to me!

    Ruthie and I sang "It Is Well" always together in church. We both sing alto, so we probably wore out the folks around us. Terri and I sing together everywhere from reunions to church; Terri remembers the words to EVERY song and she knows and sings the tune!!! (Ruthie and I can only sing together at church because somebody has to carry the tune!) Patty, I don't remember us ever singing together, but I know we always talked Christianity. Probably we both needed to practice the singing! Well, let me tell you, we don't have to practice for this chamber. Terri, honey, we're giving Deanna a break tomorrow, and you're on! If you get tired, then my treasured friend La Moyne will pick up where you leave off. She sings like Ann Murray. We'll be all singing and having a great time. Thanks so much for your love and for going through all this with me!

    I love all your posts. I hope you can imagine how much it means to me to be able to take all this with me into that chamber. It's really amazing the difference it makes to go in with this wonderful mental attitude. There is nothing to worry about and everything for which to give thanks and praise. I love you all so much.

    One of the other patients is so positive. She loves the view from the sunroom a the clinic, the Christmas tree, etc., etc. I'm so with her, and she just keeps saying, "We're so blessed!" She's so right! She doesn't even have a computer to keep up with all her family and friends or even read my blog. She's a joy though. We all count our blessings; our God is so good! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good memory. We never sang together, but I love singing and I sing all the time! Just not out loud.......I guess it's called making melody in my heart. Since I wasn't blessed with the ability to hold a tune here on this earth, I'm planning to sing the loudest when I get to heaven! I was raised on hymns and love hearing all the oldtime favorites so I'm right there with you when its time to sing in the chamber. I'll be the one tapping my foot and silently moving my mouth! God bless you real good today.

    ReplyDelete