Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Dec 21 Update

Another wonderful spa day! I did the galvanotherapy at the very highest level I’ve ever done today. I’m so pleased I could do it. The nurse asked me, “Are ‘jou’ sure?” I told her, “Yes, if my daughter and 3 nieces can go through labor and delivery, then I can do this.” She said, “Jour baby do labor TODAY?!” I told her, “No, not today, but it’ll be soon! She was relieved, since Gretta (she calls her ‘jour baby’) was just here a few days ago!

The general traffic around here is less this week because the kids are out of school. You wouldn’t believe all the alarms that sound around here. There are LOTS of car alarms sounding and fire engines and police, I guess. It doesn’t seem to alarm anyone except me. They tell us that the traffic on the border is awful. It takes from 2 – 3 hours to get back into the states because of people going to shop for Christmas and then shop the after Christmas sales. I’ve been in Hobart too long to find this kind of hubbub in my comfort zone; I stay close to the hotel and clinic. Don told me to just keep my eyes closed when we cross the border because I’ll shriek and scare the driver if I watch. I’m glad I’ve only got one trip to make across the border! I don’t think I want to miss the crossing; wonder if I can get some duct tape? 7 more days! (And Gretta did it day after day; bless her little tough heart!)

I got to talk to Don yesterday. I got Bob’s machine today. Don’s taking Bob to the airport, so he won’t be home until later; maybe I’ll get him later, though? I get so confused time. I’m doing good to get myself down to my ride to the clinic on time everyday, let alone keep up with the folks back home, who are two hours ahead, Don who is 2 hours behind, and Gretta and Gina who are 3 hours ahead. Besides that I have to keep up with when to take my meds, which I’ve never done before in my whole life. It’s a challenge to me, but it’s nothing God can’t handle.

We had Asian pears at the clinic, again, today. We’d never had them before we came here, but they are really good. They are huge and delicious. They are round and look like big apples, but they are very juicy pears! I’m learning so much! I’m also learning that real Mexican food is probably better than Tex-Mex. We get so accustomed to the Tex-Mex and really love it, but I’m getting hooked on the food here. I had to learn how to order, I guess. Things are good; tumors are still shrinking. That’s so good. Praise God! I love you all!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jo!! You are so funny-talking about the duct (sp?) tape. Since I live in Tennessee I have a classic duct tape story. I had an older model Lincoln Continental car and the rubber strip down the outside middle of the driver's door came half way off and was flapping in the breeze. So my former (make sure to catch the word former!) spouse duck taped it back on! How embarassing is that!! Makes me want to start this tale with, "You're a Redneck if."

    Jo, are you going to be at your clinic on Christmas Day? How many more days do you have left, about 6? Well, if so, visualize you and Don sharing Christmas breakfast with the Rose clan, okay?

    You might ought to keep your eyes shut... In my prayers doll, Linda Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your doing okay today. They have Asian pears at some Wal-Marts. And yes, they are very good but cost about $1.24 each here.
    Had my mamogram this morning, a digital and the Dr. said it was normal. Mom was very relieved.
    Jacob called at 3:30am to tell us he was on the plane. Haven't heard from him again. Glad to have you at the airport with us.
    AND if you want some uses for duck tape just ask MOM.(ha! ha!)
    Keep up the great cancer fighting battle. Love, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Peace on earth will come to stay,
    When we live Christmas every day." Helen Steiner Rice

    Linda! You are so sweet to send me a funny story AND an invitation to Christmas breakfast with the Rose clan! I'll be just fine here with the other patient. We've become quite close and great support for each other. I will be thinking of you all, though, and treasure your invitation! You all have a great Christmas and thanks for your love and prayers! If this message is squirrely it's no surprise to me. I'm typing it into a little box that is two inches tall and one inch wide. I wonder what all the Spanish says; it sure looks different than usual. I'm afraid what I got from Miss Gilman's Spanish class isn't working for me 40 years later! Ugh!

    Love all you Roses!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy, so glad your mammogram is done and normal! I know your mom is pleased! If I've got the timing right Jacob is there by now and the party is in full swing. He's probably eating everything in the house. Good for him! Ha! He's probably out hunting up all his friends, unless they're at your house eating goodies with him! Enjoy every minute! Love you all, Red Shirt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jo, what an imagination! I just love to hear people imagine things and I use to be a good one! I can just put myself in someones place and actually think that is who or what I am. ha. Does the sound crazy or what?? I am so glad you have close frinds with you. What would we ever do with out them. Friends like you Sister and Brother-in law!! Keep dreaming and it will all come true. God is so Good! Have as good a Christmas as possible. Days are counting till you and Don can be together and that will be a great celebration.
    We Love You Frazier and Dot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Dot, you are really with me. You can tell that the worst thing about all of this is the part of Don being gone. The best thing is the support of family and friends. Ruthie has been just like she was all our lives; she holds my hand and pulls me through whatever messes I've ever gotten into, never failing me. My friends have jumped right in and supported me through the hottest chamber and even the toughest galvanotherapy. You've been right in there with the best of them, and I will always treasure your love and support. I don't think it's a bit crazy to feel the other person's situation; I think it's a gift from God. It helps you to love and that's what He wants us to do. You go, Girl! I love you and Frazier and pray for your health and safety, too. Have a wonderful Christmas! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete