Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday Dec 23 Update

It’s amazing how time flies! Here we are off for Christmas! Today flew by. It was the wonderful ‘spa’ day. I’m even getting good at the galvanotherapy. I guess it’s time for me to be done; it’s all too easy. J God has been so good to give me ways to get through this without great difficulty. He’s been so good to me in so many ways.

Today we had to say ‘good-bye’ to wonderful Dr. Zavalas because he’s going on vacation and we will be gone when he comes back. It was a taste of what it’ll be like to say good-bye to all of them. It has truly been a precious month here with people who are so kind to care and show it. I remember when Mom was in the hospital and the whole 3 weeks she was there she never had the same nurse except for once when a nurse worked a double. It has been so nice to have the same nurse every day and the doctors there with us all the time instead of just when they come in making rounds. They’re not only here, they care and it is a big boost to the morale.

You all who keep up with me and write me notes to let me know you care make such a difference too! Thanks so much for all you do and for your prayers. God is driving and it’s even better than an E ticket ride at Disney World! It’s fun all the way and I know He is in control and I’ll be safe. 5 more days until I follow Don!!! Merry Christmas to all of you! I love you, Jo (This is the short post I promised LAST night! I reserve the right to be confused.)

6 comments:

  1. Jo,
    Remember that I had lost some Itazuke stuff - including that album created by, I think it was, the class of 1962? All that turned up when I moved - it was in a Koozie carton that I thought still contained Koozies. So it will (atleast partly) be at the next reunion.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Dear friend. Your faith in God is so strong and He has honored that faith and the prayers of His people by getting you through this time with such strength. I know you will celebrate His birth no matter where you are or who you are with. I'll be happy for you though when you notify us you are in Hawaii! God Bless you this Christmas with His continued love and mercy. Love, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryJO.....I will be thinking of you tonight. My heart is with you. I know how happy you will be to be back with Don. Hugs and kisses........dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, good for you! Lost work comes home! It gives me hope that if I ever move maybe I'll find some lost wonderful things instead of all the missing socks! Have a wonderful Christmas and 2007. I'll see you in Vegas in 2008. Love, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty, you and Bill have a wonderful Christmas, too! I know it's going to be fun with Lisa and her family close. I've just got 4 more days until I head toward Don. 5 days and we'll be together. Look for that to show up in the blog on Friday or Saturday. Thanks so much for your wonderful, loving, and endless support! Love, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Dana, I know that you KNOW! Thanks so much for being here with me. I know you always are because I know you are sitting at that computer keeping up with me. It's a treasured knowledge to me. I love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete