Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wednesday Dec 20 Update

Today was the best day ever in the chamber! I got to thinking that if God could let me resize everyone to Gumby size to come into the chamber, then He could certainly let us take and excursion! Of course! God can do anything! So, I had my scripture taped to the chamber and it was talking about Him being my Rock and my high tower and my safe place . . . so we all escaped to one of my favorite climbs. We went up Elk Mountain down in the Wichita Mountains. It’s really a huge rock pile. It was easy to go for even those of us who normally use canes or hiking sticks or even wheel chairs! God took us! It was a breeze. Those of us who could enjoy the hike did and the rest just appeared at the top of the mountain. It was the high tower where we looked off at all God’s handiwork in southwestern Oklahoma. There in the midst of all that flat land, we were on our high tower! It’s a real place and Don and I have been there lots and love it, but today was just a breeze. And all this while I was cooking those cancer cells and getting after them with Carnivora! Terri was singing her heart out, and all the rest of us, too. We could all sing beautifully. Gabe was chasing lizards and Mason was, too. Little Phil was recalling the ‘up-blows’ (buffalo) he had seen when he was there as a little wee guy and he was excited to see some again. Nobody fell and sprained an ankle or even got out of breath because we were in our safe place with God. Even my so special friends David and Dorothy were able to go and enjoy the view with breath and energy left over! It was as cool a thing as I’ve ever done. The singing was as beautiful as if we were at the Quartz Mountain women’s retreat.

I guess I went to sleep because when I woke up I thought, “Uh-oh; this isn’t working right; it’s not very hot.” About that time Marena, the nurse came in and asked me what I wanted for lunch. I asked her if the lights were working right and she said, “No; the lights are off; ‘jur’ finished!” I think I had a taste of heaven right there in the hottest place in the world. I hope you all feel as invigorated as I do after that experience today. I’m sure I haven’t described it well enough, but the important thing is that we cooked the cancer another day and lived through it richly blessed. Thank you all for helping me to make these chamber cookings be so great. The first one was awful, but with God’s permission to use my imagination, and your encouragement to participate it’s become a joy. I never was a sauna person before, but I will be after this. I see the need and good in that kind of heat.

I talked to Bob Dwyer and Don in Hawaii, today. They are having a good time, so I’m so glad for that. I’m down to 8 more days until I head that direction!!! I think that’ll be 3 more hyperthermia chamber events unless they change the schedule; I’m almost disappointed! God will show me another way to keep cooking the cancer! Maybe the Hawaii sun will do for a couple of months! I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Jo, just finished catching up on your journal which is incredibly uplifting to hear your faith in our God. We all need to be lifted by each other regularly. Keep cooking that cancer and escaping to Elk Mt. so you can proceed with the remainder of the HA trip. All is well with us thanks to our God. He's guiding our entire family daily. Families and Christmas close at hand which is lifting our spirits too. Love you, Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Delores! It's so good to hear from your family. I know this has been such a challenging and yet rewarding time for all of you. There is so much love and wisdom in your family. I know you all lean on God and He does bring us through everything which we face. The things that seem so tough to us are not tough for Him. Only we have to trust Him and He makes it easy for us. When we rebel is when it's hard. He is so good to us and He is ALWAYS with us; what a comfort! I so love your family, and it brings me joy to think of you all being together; you share so much love and THAT is what God likes to see. I believe that is God in us and it displays how we are made in His likeness when our love is bigger than any other trait. Thanks for keeping up with me and including me in your prayers. I love you all, treasure our friendship, and keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so that's why I was so hot and out of breath today. You have to give us more warning when taking us on that kind of hike. I'm just glad to know it wasn't a hot flash!!!

    Talked to Jacob just a few minuets ago. He is in the Munich airport waiting for his flight. It will leave at 4:00am our time (11:00am there). He had to go early because that's when the Sgt. could take them all. He should be in Okla. City sometime around 8:00pm Friday night.
    Dad, Mom, Staci and her family will be up on Sunday for a family meal. Dad and Mom will stay for Christmas on Monday. The the rest of Jacob's stay we'll just play it by ear. I think a few other relatives might try to come to see Jacob but nothing is a sure thing.
    I'm so glad to hear how well your treatment is going. Your in my thoughts and prayers daily. I'm going for my mamogram (sp) in the morning so wish me luck. Mom is really relieved to say the least. You know how she can get when something like this happens to someone she loves. But, I don't mind doing it for her peace of mind.
    Good Luck with the rest of your treatment , especially with the "CHAMBER". During your next trip you will have to play canasta and your team gets the red 3's, 7's, wild cards, and everything in between. I'M ON YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!
    You go girl. Love Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, tomorrow, while Jacob's flying I'll be in the chamber, cooking. I'll imagine the reunion you all are going to have and the homecoming at the airport. I wore my yellow ribbons on the old oak tree shirt today (the one you made); tomorrow is support the troops red. In the chamber we'll be playing canasta and getting all the bonus cards. We're all playing against the cancer, so we're all on the same team. You've helped me get tomorrow started off right. No telling where my mind will take me from there. I just know it'll be good.

    My veins are starting to really run from the nurse. The catheter that we had in my hand was starting to iritate it, so they took it out today. That means I can sleep in peace, without running my sore hand and catheter into the sheets (sounds wimpy, doesn't it?). But it means I'll get stuck several times tomorrow before they find a vein that will work. They wait until I'm warmed up in the chamber because the warmth makes the veins easier to find. So, I'll have all the team chasing veins tomorrow. Whatever it takes. I'm going to be at the homecoming at the airport mentally, or deep into a game of hand and foot canasta, so bring on the needles. I have to have those needles to get the IV treatments, so I'll get braced for it.

    Thanks for all the information about Jacob's homecoming. It's good material for my imagination! I love you, Kristy! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jo, You are such an inspiration to all of us. As you said, God is so Good!! He answers Prayers, that is for sure. It will be a happy day for all of us when you and Don are reunited! Bless Both of you for being so optimistc! That and your Faith is what is bring you through. Enjoy your day tomorrow and look ahead!! You have so much to look forward to.
    With and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete