Monday, December 4, 2006

Monday Update

Today’s venture into the hyperthermia chamber was awesome, thanks to all of you! The chamber is set up like a bed. It has a sheet I lay on and a pillow, then a sheet that covers me. While in there I have an IV and a monitor pinched onto my finger. So, today I imagined God climbing in first. Since He made us in His image I imagined my earthly father holding out his hand to help me into the chamber. My Daddy wasn’t a perfect man, but he was a perfect Daddy to my way of thinking. He couldn’t out-comfort my Mom, though, so she was there, too. Mentally I laid my head on her shoulder and she patted my back. Then all my friends and family climbed in with me. I have some really tall friends, and a really lot of you, so I had figure out where to ‘put’ everyone.. I remembered that Jesus said we should become as little children, so that made me think of when our kids were little and we’d put them to bed when it was bedtime. They were not allowed to cry unless something was hurting; if they insisted they had to cry then I had to spank them, so after one spanking they understood not to cry. They were allowed all the stuffed animals or dolls or soft toys they wanted in their bed and they could talk and play until they fell asleep as long as they didn’t get up or cry. It was fun to stand outside their door and listen to their conversations with their toys. With all those good memories in mind, I asked God to make all you as little children and toys so you could all fit and we really had a wonderful time. I visited with all the people who love me, even some who don’t even know I’m going through this, but I know they’d want to be here if they knew it. It was hot, like it was supposed to be, but I was having a party! It was a great way to start the day! I love you all.

A friend sent this today. Maybe you will want to go there and light a candle. It doesn’t take long at all. I checked it out at Snopes and it seems to be legit; I did it.

Bristol- Myers is donating a dollar to AIDS every time someone goes to their website and moves the match to the candle and lights it. Please forward this to your friends to spread. It takes a second to raise a dollar.

https://www.lighttounite.org/

Today they took more blood. Tomorrow I will go through another examination and be a member of the drip club (get infusions by IV). Wednesday and Friday or Saturday I will have hyperthermia again and they will do IPT at the same time. (Google IPT; it’s one of those things I can follow but not explain.). I’m looking forward to the hyperthermia, now; it’s like my own play land and we’re getting after the cancer at the same time. I’m enthusiastic. Thanks for caring and loving me enough to pray for me. I’m not excited about having breast cancer, but I am excited that it feels like “thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” All the love and support I feel must be the way it is in heaven. Love you all!. . . . .

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    Have a full day of work today..just read thru it and will answer later tonight. Thinking of you.............dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Aunt Grammy: I am so proud of your strength in overcoming the hyperthermia treatment that you now look forward to. That is such a comfort, because I am right there with you on being exempt from forcing the tight quarters. I love reading the blog and knowing what is going on and that you are being taken care of...Of course you are, God is taking such good care of you and what a comfort. Like the saying I have adopted "If God brings you to it, he will see you through it". That helps me get through a whole lot just knowing that God is with me, just like he is in the hyperthermia treatment with you and all of your family and friends lol I couldn't help but get tickled, because I actually had a visual of everyone climbing in lol The most precious visual though was Mamasan comforting you. Stay strong and know you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you oodles!!

    John, Deanna, Phillip, Alex, & the poor baby without a name!!! (By the way, if you get bored in your next "burrito treatment" and can think of some names, throw them at me...we can't decide on a name for this poor baby!!!!)

    P.S. Tell Uncle Poppy hello, hang in there and we love him!

    {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete