Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Dec 10 Update

Today was a beautiful day in Tijuana. We got a little rain during the night, but it was sunshiny and nice all day. We enjoyed having Gretta spend last night and today with us. She just left a few minutes ago to head back for the border and San Diego. It’s been wonderful to have her and to get to have her hugs and feel some kicks from her baby! We enjoyed a good breakfast in the hotel restaurant; then a walk to the laundry mat; then a walk out to dinner late this afternoon.

We were so saddened today to learn of the accidental death of a precious 8-year-old boy from a family at home who we love so much. Our hearts are consumed today with prayer for that family. Although they can be so proud of his life, they have to cope with their personal loss and trauma.

We feel that we are blessed to have challenges with which come hopes. We are blessed to have a heavenly Father who takes care of us in His way and His time. We pray for the ability and courage to accept His will.

Thank you all for caring and for praying for us. If you have trouble posting to this blog; don’t worry about it! I just figured it out myself. I would explain it to you, but it’s in Spanish on this end, so I don’t know what to say. If you see a place that says ‘post a comment;’ then it will shift you to another page that has a box for writing a message. Write your message in there (sign your name, so I’ll know who wrote) and then there is a code; type that code into the box provided. Then, just click on anonymous; then click on publish comment or something like that. (It was 45 years ago that I took Spanish, so I’m doing a lot of guessing!) Just kind of fumble with it; it’ll probably work.

I love you all . . .

8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Jo
    The weather in TN is finally quite nice. Going into the 60's today. Quite different from last week. Also, I am finally feeling much better. Hope there are no more bad colds for me this season.
    Know Gretta is winging her way home to Louisville about now. You two must have really enjoyed your time together. Your statement about her being a Missouri "show me" person was interesting, and yes, she had to see for herself just how her mom was being treated.
    Your daily comments mean a lot to all of us who love you and are concerned for your well being.
    Much love,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Okie,
    Reading your daily routine sounds more like a vacation than an unpleasant schedule (although we all know its not) Goes something like "a bad day in Tijuana is better than a good day at work" (Usually refers to playing golf) We wish you well and wellness and think of you every day back here in Tennessee.
    Love,
    Danny and Per

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your note Evelyn. I'm so glad the weather is warming there and that you are feeling better! It was great to have Gretta here and I just talked to her, so she made it home fine. I'm glad you're reading the blog; thanks! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny and Per, thanks so much for keeping an eye on me. How cool to still be loved by my kindergarten sweetheart and his wife! We are so blessed to have the opportunity to do these treatments. I'm feeling really good about them; they treat us good and we have great hopes for survival. The support of so many folks like you make this the experience wonderful! Thanks! Love you both, Mary Jo Okie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo. It is good to hear that you are doing so well. I am thinking about you and praying for you. I try to keep up with you, but I miss some days.

    Malone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Malone. I look up and see you sometimes when I least expect to see you! You made my day, again! Thanks for keeping up with me and keeping me in your prayers and love. You are a treasured friend. Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo: We were sure surprised when we got your e-mail. We are praying for you & glad to here your in such good spirits. We know that your faith & trust in God will help you heal. We are also enjoying warm weather here in Az. We plan on you coming to see us when you are finished with your treatments. Be ready for a few games of hand & foot canasta. We haven't talked to stick lizard in a while. We will call him for Christmas. Keep on keeping on.
    Love ya, Don & Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don and Carolyn, how good to hear from you! We just might pop in on you in AZ before too long. We'll be going to Hawaii right after this Tijuana 'adventure,' then we have a new baby to chase down as soon as we get back to the mainland. Right after that we'll have to go home and come to terms with Uncle Sam. We'll catch up with Christmast, THEN we'll be looking for where to land in the sun . . . where better than AZ??? Oddly enough, we have lots of friends in AZ! When you talk to Stick Lizzard, give him our love, too! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete