Thursday, December 7, 2006

Thursday Dec 7 Update

Today was a great day. I had the infrared light (heat) then the Galvano (electrodes applied) right onto the offending breast the very first thing this morning. Then I had a new catheter put into my arm to receive the IV treatments. (After yesterday’s drip session, they took out the previous catheter; they’re good for about 3 days, and then they remove them and put in a new one for the next three days.) This one went into the outside of my arm, up about 6 inches from my wrist. It bothers me less than the last two. The first one was on the inside of my arm about 6 inches up from my wrist. The last one was right on top of my hand; it really got in the way. After I got the new catheter I started with today’s drip sessions while she gave me the wonderful lymph massage. It is the most relaxing and wonderful thing! During the lymph massage is when Gretta got to the clinic bringing American peanuts for Don and plenty of breast cancer research reading for me. We had fun with her with us all day. She got to meet everyone at the clinic and ask the doctor tons of questions. Time flew and it was time for us to head back to the hotel and her to head for the border. She decided to walk to the hotel with us and take a taxi from there.

When we got to the hotel they had the road blocked from both directions right in front of our hotel! There were over 20 cops all over, some with huge guns. We asked if we could go into the hotel and they directed us inside. The manager told us they were doing a routine inspection of the nightclub next door. Hmmmm. We weren’t too sure of that, but they assured us we were safe. We got Gretta into a taxi and got her out of here right quick; she called me when she got back to Deeann’s so she made it fine. After a while the cops left and we never knew of anything happening, so maybe what they told us was true. As Gretta said; there are several ways to look at it. If there was something going on, they were sure on top of it, and the other is that if something happens we know there are plenty of cops out there to get right with it. Also, what could happen with all those cops out there? Somehow I’m programmed to feel safer when I don’t see cops around, though. You can imagine we were all exchanging looks and rolling some eyes!

Tomorrow is party in the hyperthermia chamber! Yee Haw!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment