Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve





New year’s eve: Today the church here met at the home of one of the members. We didn’t know the time and didn’t want to intrude, so we went to the beach and communed with God in all His handiwork. We went to three beaches and saw whales at 2 of them! At the third we saw schools of yellow fish right from the side, so we didn’t even have to get wet to ‘snorkel.’ At the 3rd I could also pick up a tower on the cell phone. I was so excited I called Gretta, and only got to leave her a message. Then I called our friend Joan, who is checking our mail at home and forwarding it to us. She doesn’t have email, so I can only be in touch with her by phone or snail mail. She was excited to get to whale watch with us over the phone! Then, can you believe it? My phone battery ran down! UGH! I didn’t need to talk to anyone, and at least I know how far I’ve got to go to us the phone, now.

I sent Trish pictures to put onto the blog. I have lots more pictures, but I don’t want to put too many onto the blog because the pictures make it so slow to load if people are using dial up. If you want to see more pictures, send me an email and I’ll send more pictures. I don’t mean to be hoarding them, but I remember when we had dial up services how cantankerous my computer got when I had a bunch of pictures to download.

The siamese kitty is Iki, which means little one in Hawaiian. She was little when she was a kitty, but she's a big kitty, now. The striped kitty is Hehe, named that because they kept calling him 'her' since they'd always had girl cats before him. He is incredibly strong. He's like a little loving panther. He LOVES to be petted, and would like nothing better than having you rake over him with the rake. He's a tough dude of a cat. The next shot is of the big red poinsettias and the little white ones right beside it. The last shot is looking down into the ocean onto a school of beautiful yellow fish; that's way easy snorkeling. :)

Today we ate both breakfast and lunch on the lanai; that is so nice. We filled the bird feeder, so we’re enjoying fun birds, out there, too.

Today, I’m catching up on laundry. All those clothes I wore in Tijuana need to be washed and buried deep in my suitcase. Hawaii weather is wonderful! No long jeans until we go to the volcano and sleeveless tops. It’s watering day on the west side of the house, too. Remember, I love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo
    John O'Brien Checking in.
    Glad you are feeling okay and now in HI. What a gal. Sorry not to drop in sooner. Had some of my own stuff going on and now I am finding out my 1/2 brother from Kyoto will be visiting in the next month or so.
    Hugs, John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, John. What a treat to have your half brother visit! I wonder how many of us have unknown to us sibblings who we might find someday. I think it would be a delight. I'm sorry you've had your own issues to face; it's that time of life for us. You know when we were kids we talked about other kids; the girls talked about the guys and the girls talked about the guys. Then we got older and talked about our kids. Then we got older and compared menopause and PSA notes. Now, it's time to compare more serious health issues. I think it just happens like that; some things don't change much. You keep working on getting you and Laura into good shape, because you've got to run that alumni meeting in Vegas; you can't dump it on me again! I love you and Laura! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, the pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sending them. We have high-speed internet and I can remember waiting forever to download pics. We are so lucky. I think I will ask Tom for a laptop for my b'day. I love the cats, and HeHe (love his name) looks exactly a female I had named Bettye. We bought our tickets yesterday!! I don't want to clog your blog - more on another venue. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, that is great news! I've got the calendar marked and we can hardly wait to see you! The cats are even better in person! Love and prayers for a safe trip and health for everyone, Jo

    ReplyDelete