Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tuesday Dec 12 Update

Today was the fun day. Great massage! Since there is no real news I’ll tell you something funny. The first day we were here an older gentleman patient mentioned the corncob soup. They all laughed and I thought when I grew up I ‘d catch the joke. Well, I grew up in a day or two. They bring us soup everyday with lunch that is cut up vegetables in broth. It’s not thick at all and very watery, but good with some salt. In the soup is cut up pieces of corncob! Some days your cup misses the corncob, but some days you get two or three pieces. I just can’t believe it wouldn’t be easier to cut the corn off than to cut through the corncob for all those pieces. It’s about one inch thick and then cut into thirds. So you get a piece big enough to hold while you chew the corn off; or else break a tooth chewing it! It’s a hoot! I hope it’s purely a Mexico thing. And, by the way, Tex Mex is so much better than real Mexican food, in our opinion!

Everything is good with us. Thanks for caring enough to look and pray.

Love you all . . .

5 comments:

  1. Oh MaryJo....
    Just who is this Priscilla woman that lives in the "Fort Worth" area...and why have I never heard of her?
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I've never heard of most of these people and I was there! I guess there is only so much time in the day and only so many stories mom can tell. Is there anyone craving "jam" besided me? The can of yams I have just doesn't sound as fun.....even with brown sugar and cinnamon. I miss the Tijuana food, although am THRILLED to have an iced drink! Keep up the positive attitude mom! Love you more every day! Jilly, G, and Elena aka: Elayna

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so thrilled to hear that you feel like the tumors are softening. Prayers seem to be working. As for the jam story, that sounds just like you...not understanding. Makes us remember some of the fun from TL days and the rejoicing we are doing now. Glad Gretta was able to spend some time with you. I know what a joy that was for you two. Keep up the good luck, Jo. We know how determined you are (as well as hard-headed) like me. Sometimes that pays off big time! Love ya! Jan & Conan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gretta, you should have been here, today! Mexican Ken brought Mexican Barbie in to meet us! The Christmas tree would probably throw you into an asthma fit, though; besides Garrett needs you at home. His message on my phone was so sweet! It was grea talking to you both. Love and miss you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, and Conan: Don't we have experience with the hard heads?! Thanks for holding my hand through this one, too! Love you guys! Jo

    ReplyDelete