Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tuesday Dec 26 Update


Picture one is Dr. Santa Cruz, Irene and Jo. Picture is Dr. Santa Cruz and wife Lydia.

Hello Sweet Everyone. Can you tell today is such a good day. I know everyone but me must be thinking, “How can they manage 6 kids?” I just watched The Sound of Music the other night and that was a good example of how you manage 6 kids: with lots of love! Nobody could do it better than Trish and Rob. God wants them to have these kids, and so do I. I get that it’s all about love and that’s what God is, so this is right up His alley. If you aren’t keeping up with the comments on the blog, then you missed Tricia’s hint and my reply. The bottom line is that they are expecting baby #6 on July 20th. I am rejoicing. I finally got Don on the phone and the cash register is still going off in his head, but he’s a softy. He’ll quickly realize that he’s not buying and melt over it, too.

My day at the clinic was sweet and quick. I had the spa day, so it was infrared light therapy, galvanotherapy (which went very well) and the awesome massage. My veins have already packed and left for Hawaii, so only my body is really left here, I think. She stuck me 3 times and couldn’t get a vein, so that wasn’t going so well. She finally gave me a butterfly stick in the hand and that worked, so I didn’t have to wear a catheter back to the hotel tonight. Tomorrow is hyperthermia day, so the veins will dilate with the heat and she’ll be able to get the catheter going for the last two days. Tomorrow might be my last hyperthermia. It’s the last scheduled one. If I can talk him into doing another one on Thursday I will because I can’t come close to getting that anywhere else. Can you believe I’m ASKING for it!? Really, you all and God have made it possible for me to actually want to do the hyperthermia treatments. Anyway, I have only 2 more days at the clinic! After my treatments on Thursday I will be heading for Los Angeles! I’ll spend the night there and then Friday morning I’ll take an early flight to Hawaii. YES!

After our treatments today Dr. Santa Cruz took Irene and I touring with his wife. The four of us toured around Tijuana some and went to the beach area of Tijuana. He took us to a wonderful restaurant, which overlooked the border. It was very interesting to look out and see San Diego in the distance! It was a very interesting evening. Dr. and Mrs. Santa Cruz are really a wonderful couple. Irene is doing really well because she got her stitches out today and was feeling so good about it!

I love you all; tonight I’m mostly Grammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment