Saturday, December 23, 2006

Friday Dec 22 Update

Sorry to be so late getting today’s blog done. It’ 3:20 a.m. in OK, so I hope Tricia’s not up to get this onto the blog! It’s 1:20 a.m. here. Not to worry, I can sleep at the clinic tomorrow. I’m going to make this short though because you don’t have time to read a bunch and there’s nothing new.

I had a wonderful hyperthermia chamber day. It was reunion day! I was meeting Jacob at the airport, and I was landing in Kona and meeting Don at the airport! God is so good. He let me run all over the place and be in the chamber, too. I wonder if I’ll ever have a right mind again after all this great pretending. I like this becoming as a child thing!

The best thing in the chamber was when they went for the vein for the IV. They got a good vein on the first stick. There was great celebration in the chamber over that!!! My hand is so sore from the last catheter. It’s going to be cool to get this one out tomorrow and then have two days off!

The other patient who is left here with me got in a bit of a bind with a reaction to something that’s going on with her treatment. (She’s a chronic fatigue syndrome patient; not cancer.) She needed some extra support tonight, so I was in her corner. Plus we were getting notes ready to present to the staff tomorrow wishing them all a great Christmas. They’ve been so good to us that we want to be sure they know how much we appreciate them. She and I are getting very close. You know when you go through storms together, you really do get close. This is an endearing time and we love each other.

Tomorrow is spa day; I’m looking so forward to it! This time next week I’ll be asleep in Hawi, Hawaii. YES! I talked to Don tonight and he’s doing fine. I promised this would be short, so I’m out of here. Things are good for me. You all have a wonderful Christmas! A big thanks to all of you who are sharing this with people who don’t have computers but care! Remember I love you. Jo

"Peace on earth will come to stay,
When we live Christmas every day." Helen Steiner Rice

4 comments:

  1. Hi "Little One"....You just continue to be so amazing to me! It is so like you to be helping your fellow patient as she was in a bind! Then you were busy preparing notes to give to the staff to wish them a Merry Christmas! Like our friend Max Lucado says, "It's not about me"....you are such an example of that concept!! As long as you live our precious Mom will never die!! Thanks so much for being so inspirational to all of us and for being faithful to give God the glory He so richly deserves!

    Loving you still!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruthie, thanks so much. You couldn't pay me a better complement than to say I keep Mom alive. Weren't we so richly blessed to have her! I'm so glad if I can be encouraging to others. Certainly others will be faced with this challenge and greater ones. I really count it a joy to give God the glory. I see Him in every note I get. He is love and I'm getting so much of that. I'm blessed to have had you be my big sister all my life, too. There's not room here to write all my blessings, but they are wonderful to count! I love you, too! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU Have What It Takes

    If it takes courage; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes perserverance; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes stamina; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes hope; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes blessings; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes talking ability; You have what it takes!

    If it takes writing ability; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes hardheadedness; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes intelligence; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes a sense of humor; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes personality; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes great looks; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes obsessive compulsive disorder; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes a positive attitude; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes friends; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes family; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes faith; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes love; YOU have what it takes!

    If it takes a husband who loves you immensely; YOU have what it takes!


    Let's face it; YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES IN ACES!!!!!


    YOUR LOVING HUSBAND

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful, awesome husband! This is so awesome because he is barely computer literate, and he's working on a strange computer. Bless his heart, I am so touched. He reads what's on the computer really well, but when it comes to putting something down, he just hardly ever does anything. This is a monumental thing, and I am so proud of him. Mostly, I'm so pleased that he wanted to do it bad enough to figure out how and hang with it until he got it down. Terri is so right, he is HONEYMAN!!! I love you, Don! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete