Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friday Jan 12 Update























Today has been the icing on the cake. Every day we see things that top the days before, it seems. They just called off the tsunami watch they had going for us due to the earthquake in Japan. What a day of excitement! We are 1500 feet up, but if the airport, water, and power went, we’d be sort of in a bind.

The cool day went like this. We took Sam and dropped him off for his fishing charter. Then Don and Jo and I went cruising around Kona, shopped for bread at the day old store and other groceries at Safeway, then parked and walked through the farmers’ market and the tourist trap portion of Kona. We had lunch right on the Ocean at the Kona Canoe Club. We went back and picked up Sam and his FISH. WOW! There were two fish caught on his boat and one was his. The boat that came in beside him had only one fish caught, but it was a 157-pound Marlin. We got good pictures of that! We also got good pictures of Sam and his fish. We don’t know what it weighed, but you can see in the picture that it was the length of Sam’s leg. I was way impressed. It was an ono fish. They filleted it for us and we ate some of it for dinner. It was delicious! We’re having it again on Sunday and maybe another day. There’s a lot of fish in there! (I don’t even like fish, but I enjoyed this one; no fish smell.)

On the way home we stopped off at Mahukona beach, to watch whales and got a great whale show. Besides the whale show was an awesome wave show and sunset. On top of that a couple from Alaska was having a wedding there and we got to watch that, too. They had the limo, long white dress; the works. They had a cooler full of orchid lays and came over and gave one to Jo and I! How fun was that!?

God is so generous! I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures MaryJo...fish included. Read about the tsunami watch in the paper earlier today. Have been thinking about you. Glad you don't have that to worry about any longer. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, we're having such a good time; I'm glad you folks are enjoying the pictures. I get carried away having fun and forget to take pictures a lot of the time. My camera is acting really strange, too, so I'm not sure what I'm getting until I get home. I'm so not technical, but I just keep snapping and hope they work. I'm not allowed to worry about anything. :) We were sure glad the tsunami didn't happen, too. Thanks for checking in on us! Love you, Girl! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete