Friday, January 5, 2007

Thursday Jan 4 Update



I can’t believe it’s raining here and has been all year, as Don would say. Actually, we’ve had lots of sunshine and lots of beautiful rainbows. But, today has been mostly rain here at the house. We had a dry spell to go out and pick up the fruit and share with the cows. Usually, when it rains we can just go to the beach and it’s dry there. We even got rained out at the beach, today! We weren’t to be outdone, though. We went to the next beach, just a little farther south and it was dry. There we saw whales, too! They put on an awesome show for us and they were headed south, so we went south to the next beach, as our greed to see the whale show had set in big time. It was just a couple of miles, so we pulled up just as the whales were arriving! It was the closest we’ve ever seen them and they just kept on with the show. They did everything but breech for us. It made up for the rain out we’d gotten at the first beach. Don and I were grinning wall to wall. It’s amazing that 30 tons in motion can be so graceful!

I’m not losing hair by the handfuls, anymore. Maybe that was just a phase? The wind blew me so much at the beach today that I thought this is too much hair, anyway, so I’m cutting the top tonight. Maybe this will be one last cut if it starts to fall out, more. We’ll see what happens. I’ll keep you posted. I still feel really good; just tire easily and sleep like a brick.

Love you all!

PS: Today’s pictures: The first one is a carving down by the beach with the rainbow in the background to the right (between the trees). We don’t know what it means, but we thought it was interesting. This is the Hawaii that only the locals see and the few folks we take. The next one is Zoe and Stewie with their new best friend, Don. They sure make us feel welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Good morning to You Both, It is raining off and on in Paris, Tn. too. Dark clouds and windy like a March, April day and in the 60 degrees. It is the day the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it. Goodness, I am not complaining, if you don't complain, I won't allow myself to! You sure have Got What it Takes! You can handle most anything that is happening. I sure don't think you will lose enough hair to be noticalbe since your dosage of Chemo was small. And you seem to be able to accept what ever and stay happy. I love the pictures and the description of everything. Now I am sure the whale show was something to see and to think it wasn't in a show where they are trained to put on a show! I liked the cows and Don too. Keep up the Happy and Positive attitude and always remember what Don wrote. You both have Got What It Takes! Our thoughts and Prayers are with you always!With our Love Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dot and Frazier. It's so comforting to know that you both are always in our corner. I wish you really could be here with us to enjoy these great scenes. You really have a good piece of God's corner right where you are, though. This area is a lot like Sprinville, in that it's out away from all the busy part of the world.

    I hadn't even thought to compare the whales to trained ones. I don't know if they even train such huge animals, but they are as exciting as trained Sea World dolphins. I guess part of it is that it's so natural! It's so amazing to sit out there and watch and there comes a show, right from God; it feels like a gift!

    How lucky am I to be married to such a man as Don? He's a grand partner for me. He hit on a good phrase and you're sweet to pick it up. I think it's a keeper phrase; we'll use it a lot in years to come.

    Take care of you two, and we'll see you in March! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    This pic of dad and the cows is just the best. It makes me giggle every time I look at it! So not the image I have of him, but apparently he's really good at it! You guys are getting some cows as soon as you get back, right?

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I doubt we'll be getting cows when we get back. We don't have any citrus trees to give them treats. Dad is the cool farmer, isn't he? He's pretty amazing with all the stuff we've learned he can do. He even popped his own popcorn tonight; the main thing is he survived 10 days with out me! He's got what it takes! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete