Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Monday Jan 22 Update

Today I reflected on how some of my Grandmother Nanny Kate made its way to me. I’m flipping over the orchids and I know she would love them! I guess I’m carrying her around with me, Gumby style, too. The white ones with blue and yellow on them are in the back yard. The purple ones are in the kitchen window. I just love them!

The first two pictures are of Maui and the water. From the house we have rarely seen Maui since I’ve been here, this time, but the last three days it has been peeking out of the clouds. I get so excited about that. See the big tall tree that looks like a Christmas tree? About half way up on it and to the left you’ll see the peak of the island Maui sitting there above the clouds. On that same tree, if you look down to where the other trees come up to it (others besides the palm); right about there on both the left and right sides of the ‘Christmas tree’ you can see blue, and that’s the ocean. On a clear day, it is really breath taking; actually, it takes my breath whenever I can see it! The second picture is of Maui from one of our favorite whale watching sites. This one is Kapaa. I wish a whale had jumped up for the shot, but no such luck. We saw lots of whales and a great show, but I don’t have the equipment or the ability to catch them with the camera. I’m really blessed to see them every day that we go.

To us it’s awesome that the ocean is so huge and yet we see whales every time we go look for them. How special is that! If joy does the healing in the same way that stress does damage, then we should come away from here in great shape. We sure are finding lots of joy in God’s handiwork.

Our families are exploding this week. Bob’s daughter, Serena, is scheduled for her c-section tomorrow. My sister, Ruthie’s daughter, Deanna is scheduled to go in to have her son induced tomorrow and that may evolve into a c-section, as well. Our ‘baby,’ Gretta, had to have a shot to stop her contractions this morning. Her baby gained 6 ounces last week, so she’s up to 3 lb. 11 oz., and she’s not due until March. God has a plan for all of us. Please pray with me that all these babies arrive safely for all concerned.

Thanks for your love and support. I love you all.




8 comments:

  1. Oh, Jo, all the pics you sent are lovely. Thank you so much. I am a floweraholic! We can't wait to get there and see all the beauty which is what we like most, sightseeing, nature, waterfalls, whales, and so forth. I don't know if we can keep up with ya'll hiking, but we plan to try real hard! Prayers for your three babies, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about keeping up; we aren't doing anything tough this time. You'll decide what we do or not, anyway; we've done all we want to do and at this point we're just sharing. We can point you in the direction of hard, but we won't do anything hard. :) I'll have to hold Don back from cramming too much into one day. He doesn't want anyone to miss anything and I have to remind him that we have to sleep; he never forgets eating. :) Thanks for your prayers for the babies; I'm praying for you and your moms to do well and stay strong, as well. Eleven more days after today, right? Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a little bit behind on the comments MaryJo...sorry about that. I have been here reading and enjoying all the pictures. Love the flowers most of all...and, lol...the cat raking was just great. dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sissy....oh my, three babies. Isn't this exciting?? I love the pictures and the way you describe each one and tell us exactly where to look is perfect. I'm like Dana, I love raking Hehe, how cute is that?? Take care sweetie, prayers are coming your way each day for you, Honeyman and all mommies and babies. I love you so much!
    Princess Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Jo, I am about to give up. I get it all ready and tried to send it and all of a sudden it is gone and another space comes up and says, leave your comment. So I will just say Thanks for the updates and Beautiful pictures and the vivid description of them. We will see if this one will go. We Love You Both
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, you'd love this cat! He is such a hoot. I know he thinks we're funny, too. He looks at us like he thinks we're crazy; like there's something else I would have in mind for the rake! I love you, Girl! You make me smile whenever you appear in the comments. Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri, thanks for stopping by to check on the pictures and our details. Give Mom a hug for us and tell her that Honeyman said this is the best thing for her. Somehow folks seem to believe him as the level headed one. You take care of you, too, and believe Honeyman. :)

    Love you, Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Dot and Frazier! I have the same problem with the blog. I've learned to copy my comments and then if they disappear I just have to paste them instead of remembering them. Remembering gets to be a big deal, sometimes! Thanks for working at it until you get something in there for me. It's good to hear from you from time to time. I imagine you are waiting on news of Deanna's baby like I am! It's 10:35 p.m. there. I just tried to call and got only a voice mail, so I imagine they are somewhere that their phone has to be turned off. I'm sure this will all turn out fine and tomorrow will be full of celebrations, but I'm also sure that Deanna and everyone had a long day waiting for the doctor to appear . . . as well as the baby! Anyway, thanks for hanging tough with me. I hope you're feeling and seeing good, Frazier! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete