Saturday, January 20, 2007

Friday Jan 19 Update




I must tell you that I previously misspelled Waipio Valley and Pololu Valley. I don’t imagine you care, but those of you who have been here might care. Of course Don spells everything right and tells me after I get it wrong in front of cyberspace! He went to work and got his sweet post on for all of cyberspace, so I have to thank him for correcting me so that I don’t embarrass myself again on those two words, at least. J

Today was beach day, again. We got up and it was pouring down rain, so we decided to go to the beach. (It doesn’t rain at the beach.) By the time we got breakfast done and lunch packed it was bright and sunny here, but we already had our plan, so we took off for sand and sun. The first picture is a bit of Don and Hapuna beach and the Prince Resort in the background. See those wrinkles in his forehead? Now they have white inside the lines where the sun couldn’t go.

The next picture is the entrance to the Hapuna Beach Prince Resort. It’s all pretty awesome and beautiful. They brought all that sand and beauty in to build it and they have to give public access to the beach by law. Cool!

The last picture: see the resort buildings with the mountains in the background? See the solid white square just to the right of the 3 people walking toward the water? The house where we are is on the mountain right about behind that. This is a resort beach that is about a 30 minutes drive from the house. The closer beaches only have lava rocks and are only good for snorkeling or watching for whales, sunsets and awesome waves. There are only a few places to lay out in the sun or go just swimming without coming to this beach. This one is famous and highlighted in Frommer’s Travel magazine this month. They mention that walking in that sand is like walking in flour. I might add that it’s hot flour. J

On the way home we stopped and had another great whale show. It seems like they get better every day. We are so entertained by the whales. This is our third trip here and it’s the only time the whales have been here, so we are really mesmerized by them. I thank God for the reminder each day of His love and power! I love you all; thanks for joining us!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aunt Grammy! Another sunset picture!! whooohooooo!!! I LOVED IT!!! Can you hear the hammock calling me while you are out there too?? It is! Really! lol

    I must say again, how wonderful the pictures are and how God is in every single one of them. The rainbows, wildlife, flowers...EVERYTHING!! He has his own signature in them and they are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!

    My induction date had to be changed to Tuesday (Mrs. Marie Cates & Charlie Tom's birthday!) because of my doctor's flight delay, but hopefully, Tuesday I will be playing through the wonderful Hawaii slideshow in my mind that you have provided and holding my little blessing soon!! Sorry Uncle Poppy, we can't wait until the 27th...I can't breathe now as it is!!! lol Hope you have a Happy Birthday!! :+

    You're looking great and love you bunches!!!

    Deanna & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweet Deanna and Company! I am so glad you are enjoying the pictures and pray that they will help you through your labor. We're so excited about this new blessing for our whole family and we can't wait to see you all in March. We'll be with you this week in spirit and prayer! Lots of love, always, Aunt Grammy

    ReplyDelete